Finding My Mate [8]

"Hey, Chloe!" I waved my hands to catch her attention, she quickly turned around and started walking up to me. 

"Hey, where have you been? I just had a class with Sierra and she was mad, and I mean mad, do you have anything to do with it?" Chloe asked, a sly smile forming at the corners of her mouth. I glared at her. "No." I lied.

"Are you sure, because I've known you for a long time and I can tell when you're lying, what happened, what did you say?" Her questions gushed, her black hair bobbing with her head as she grinned at me wildly.

"She asked me," I hesitated before blurting. "To avoid Noah, that he was hers and you know, typical Sierra." 

"No I don't and so?" She asked, her eyes shining with excitement. What was she so happy about?

"So?" I stretched the word before stopped at my locker. Opening it, I slotted some of my books in side before turning back to her, her face still carrying the same expression.

"So, what happened, what did you say?" She pressed, looking at me. "Come on, you can tell me." 

"I said 'No' because nothing was going on between me and Noah and that I needed to work with him properly to do our English project. She wanted to swap partners and I was fine with that until Noah said he didn't want to." I said all in one breath. 

"What? Seriously? Why didn't you tell me about this earlier." She prodded me in the arm as I took out some other books. 

"What's there to tell? It's not like it's a big deal or anything." I shrugged, trying to sound normal about it but the pitch of my voice was starting to rise.

"Yes it is!" Chloe exclaimed, making almost everyone in the hallway jump, she turned her head around before whispering. "Sorry, but if Sierra thinks there's something going on between you two. And Noah chose you over Sierra, plus you are totally blushing right now..." Chloe concluded her eyes narrowing down to me. 

"I am not!" I replied hotly, my eyes shifting to the mirror stuck to the inside of my locker door, she was right, they were pink. 

"Yes you totally are!" Chloe said, poking me in the arm slightly harder this time. "You like him! Plus you have a hot date with him tomorrow after school!" 

I slapped her playfully on her forehead. "It's not a date, we have to talk about how we're going to talk about how we're going to write our essay. We were put in partners so we have to do it together, I offered to do half of it and then he could do the other half separately." My voice trailed off.

"What? Why would you do that?" Chloe looked at me incredulously, her hand raising to slap hit me again but I shot her a warning look. 

"Because, you should've seen the way he was acting towards me in the first lesson we had, he was so rude and defensive, he didn't want to work with me at all. And then near the end, we were laughing at Sierra and he just stopped and said something like 'Oh, I can't do this," - something like that and then practically ran away. Am I that scary?" I pointed towards my face, looking at the mirror again.

"A little..." Chloe joked. "I'm kidding, you're fine, maybe he was shy, it was his first day." I wanted to tell her about how he acted in Gym as well but something was telling me I shouldn't. "Anyways, don't you have to pick up your little sister, with her around you won't get any action." Chloe grinned at me.

"I wasn't planning for any action," I said, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. "But it would help if she went to yours, I wouldn't have to deal with her the whole time. After school she's tired and she won't stop interrupting me." 

Chloe nodded, still smiling. "Sure, Rosa will be happy to have her over." 

"Thanks," I looked at her gratefully before waving her off and making my way to the next class.