His smirk confused Caleb, but the light skinned angel continued anyways. He leaned down again, lips mere centimeters apart.

"It tells me that you wan-"

Their lips connected. Ashton kissed Caleb. And at that moment, three things happened: the room door slammed, Caleb jumped away from Ashton in a mixture of shock and fear, and Ashton realized that he'd probably had just made a mistake.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" The light skinned boy cried out.

Ashton stared upon him with a confused expression.

"Mhm. I don't know why I would possibly kiss the boy grinding up against me." Ashton retorted and Caleb deadpanned.

"You shouldn't have done that." Caleb said a lot calmer. "Please tell me that wasn't your brother at the door."

"No. It was Luke."

"This is gonna ruin everything." Caleb stated, pacing around the room in circles with his hands balled into fist.

"Ruin what?" Ashton asked. The only person that saw anything was Luke and he couldn't tell anyone.

"Everything. This is going to ruin everything. This was my final chance to prove myself, and you've just screwed that all up." The dark-haired boy vaguely stated before walking out of the room himself, leaving nothing but a barely audible "see ya at the party" behind.

Soon enough, all that could be heard throughout the room was muffled cries. Ashton had barely been in Italy for a week, and he'd already managed to screw up twice. First, he ruined his own friendship with his best friend, by kissing him, and now he'd gone and ruined Caleb's last chance, by kissing him.

"My lips are cursed." He mumbled softly to himself, and then he rose up and walked out the door. Finally deciding to stop procrastinating the inevitable and go celebrate his brother's fake marriage to his pretend wife, but when he opened the door, he was shocked to see a blond haired boy blocking his exit.

"Luke."

"Ashton." Luke replied. "I-I...you, you didn't come to the room last night." By this point, he'd began pacing around the hall way.

"I was worried and -"

"Guess you see how that feels now." The curly-haired boy retorted and then walked off. He didn't want to talk to Luke right now. The blond haired boy had already made it pretty clear where the two of them stood as friends, and if he was willing to throw away their friendship and act like an ass over a kiss, then so could Ashton.

"Wait. Ashton. Please."

He kept walking. It was getting pretty late and he didn't want to be at this arranged marriage bachelor's party that he'd thrown any more than he wanted to go to the actual wedding.

He glanced back as he was about enter the elevator only to see his best friend standing where he'd left him. Ashton paused, staring back at his blonde haired friend, and then Luke looked up and their eyes met, and they just stood their staring at one another. Luke stood with the cutest sad and confused expression. It was adorable and made Ashton feel a twinge of guilt, and then he remembered the nights he spent waiting up for his best friend in their room, all the worrying and negative scenarios running through his mind at Luke's absence. Then he thought about how he felt at the rehearsal dinner, how Luke chose some cheap hussy over his best friend, and that was enough for him to take the step over the threshold of the elevator and not look back again.

"Ashton! Wait!" Luke's voice sounded, followed by the loud thud of footsteps nearing the transparent elevator door.

He'd hit the little close button at least ten times, but Luke was a bit faster than he'd thought. He'd made it in the nick of time, almost getting his jacket caught in the door.