8

It was a late night, filled with constant worry-filled, apologetic text messages from Ashton to Luke--who was better at hide-and-seek then Ashton had originally thought.

It was a weird feeling, apologizing, that Ashton didn't really do much-- always too prideful to ever do so. To apologize was to admit that one made a mistake, and as far was Ashton was concerned, he made no mistakes. Except for this time, this time he did. There was no use of denying it, because there was no way to do so. HE invited Luke on the trip. HE blackmailed Luke into pretending to be his boyfriend. HE pushed him to kiss him. HE didn't stop things when they were being taken too far, and because of that, his best friend was somewhere lost in the world, and he was awake at 4 am hoping that, at some point, his best friend would come tip-toeing through the door.

Unfortunately for Ashton, however, his Luke could be anywhere, doing anything, not giving a care in the world. Or, perhaps, he was somewhere with some girl, their tongues down each other's throat in a desperate attempt to wash away the germs of kissing a guy.

"I'm sorry." Ashton whined soundlessly, a single tear sliding down his face slowly, others following closely behind.

It didn't take long before he was full-fledge crying, his knees pulled to his chest and his tear-soaked face buried into them. His tears were staining his pajamas, but he didn't mind. He was sad, and he missed his best friend like crazy.

The worst part was that it wasn't even worth it; the lying, the kiss, proving to his brother that he was just as happy-- none of it was worth losing his friendship with his best friend over, and now, it seemed, that that was exactly what he'd done.

The curly-haired boy was so entrapped in his pity party that he hadn't registered the trio of knocks at the door until whoever the mystery person was, was practically banging on it at 4 in the morning.

Sighing, he rolled out of bed, not caring that he was actually going to fall onto the floor, and dragged his feet over to the door, checking the peep hole to see who it was, if it was worth it.

Luke was the first person he'd thought of, but it wasn't a very educated guess. Luke had a room key and his cell number, so unless he lost his key, he'd have no reason to knock on the door, let alone bang on it.

"Hey! I brought ice cream, tissues, chocolate, and a duffle bag!" The brown-skinned boy said, standing in the door way, offering his sympathetic smile.

Ashton sighed, glancing from his reflection in the mirror, and back at Caleb.

"Don't get too many cavities." He said, already in the process of shutting the door.

A certain black person's foot stopped it from shutting all the way, however, forcing his way into the room with his ice cream, chocolate, and duffle bag filled with mystery.

"Why are you here?" Ashton spat interrogatively, hoping Caleb didn't come to try and keep him company through his saddened time.

"Well, girls like to eat ice cream and chocolate and cry when they're heart are brok - "

"But I'm not a girl." Ashton cut the brown-skinned boy off, taking on an annoyed tone.

"Well..." Caleb tried, and crashed and burned.

"If you're implying that all gays are feminine then get out and stop stereotyping me." Ashton said glaring lightly.

"Oh trust me, I know." Caleb reassured.

"What exactly are you implying?" Ashton's glare deepened, Caleb fumbling through his words.

"It's just that, well, you a-"