Chapter 20 - Christmas

Start from the beginning

"oh my fu-freaking God! Look at you two! So perfect Omg I'm fangirling omg omg come innn!!" Elise were batshit crazy as she ushered us inside, cooing at Teddy and giving him a big bone, making him super happy as he practically ran to a cozy spot in front of the fire, ignoring David's (Elise's husband) open arms, to gnaw on his bone in peace.

We, meaning Michael, since he had the duty of holding the bags, were having a hard time getting it through the all too narrow, resulting in me helping him. Michael were holding two bags with both hands, and I were holding two bags with both hands, as we were walking through the door, Elise being the dramatic lady she is, held her hand out in a 'stop', both of us stopping under the doorframe.

"Stop in the lord's name, aint nobody going through before giving each other the holy kiss!" she yelled on top of her lungs, her son doing the same position beside her.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, confused as fuck, when she just pointed upward. Our heads turned up, and I almost cursed in front of Kyle when I saw the stupid plant hanging from stupid amounts of tape on the door frame.

"Nope, never, go find someone else" I grumbled, taking the bags and walking inside, leaving them as I walked over to the Christmas tree after getting out of my winter jacket and hanging it up.

This is ought to be the worst Christmas night in the history of worst Christmas's ever.

Michael's POV

When our eyes locked in the elevator, I tried to tell him everything that were bottling up inside me. How sorry I am, how stupid I were that time, and how much I wanted another chance, so I could show him how much I love him.

Love, something sacred and so, so pure. Something one shouldn't mess with, but keep doing, just because they wanted to or didn't know.

I was a stupid kid, didn't know better. But as the years went by I changed, and saw how stupid I were, and I just wanted another chance with my mate, with Tyler, so we finally could be that perfect family I always have dreamed about.

I wanted to kiss him then and there, inside the elevator, but sadly the goddess decided that it wasn't a good time, and I had to stump down the urge to just push him to the nearest wall and ravish him. My wolf [A;T I seriously do not remember what his name is lol] were growling and whimpering inside as he tried to come as close to our mate too.

Soon my friend, soon. I mumbled in my mind, my wolf only giving out a quite growl as he curled around himself and let out a small whimper.

When Tyler rejected kissing me, I felt a pang in my chest, as I watched his back as he walked over to the living room where everyone else was. Elise were giving me a sorry smile, me shaking my head with my own small smile. Taking my own jacket off, I take a hold of the 4 bags with the present, walking over to the Christmas tree I take out the present, Christ and Kyler dancing around the tree already, screaming 'present! Present' doing so. I was watching from afar as Tyler mingled with Elise and helped her pour the eggnogs in wineglasses, and hot chocolate drinks in cups for the kids. My back on the door frame as I watched and studied my mat closely, Tyler not minding, since he hasn't sent me any stink eyes for 10 minutes. My wolf was quietly within him too, as we both thought about how we could be so lucky to have the chance to still be close to our mate.

Even though we hurt him...

"You still love him huh..."

My eye flickered to Chris, Tyler's dad. Nodding I once again trailed my eyes back to our mate, that were laughing at Elise that looked like to be more than a little tipsy, from all the eggnog that were spiked with Baily. She was currently humping her very amused husband, fortunately the kids are playing by the fire, so they don't get to see this.