Life with Carter part 10

I flopped out of bed feeling unusually chipper. I dashed into my closet and pulled out a cute black skirt and flowy, cheetah print tank top. I slipped on a pair of black ankle boots, then walked into the bathroom.

As I applied my make-up, I realized the reason I felt so awake was because I had woken up more than an hour later than usual, considering Carter was driving me to school. I didn't like that he got his way with that, but I could get used to the fact that I didn't have to wake up as early.

I fixed my hair into a long side braid after finishing my make-up. I brushed my teeth, then spritzed myself with a little perfume. I put some food and water in the still-sleeping Molly's bowl, then pranced downstairs to get my own food.

I ate a bowl of fruit loops, then watched Spongebob Squarepants until Carter showed.

Finally, I heard a car horn out front, so I grabbed my purse and stepped outside. Sure enough, Carter's shiny black car sat in my driveway, the engine purring. I slid into the passenger seat not-so-gracefully.

"Good morning Kaitlin." Carter greeted with a smile.

I nodded in response.

"So what's my first duty?" He asked as we pulled out of the driveway.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"As your bitch boy. Did you really forget?"

"Oh yeah!" I smiled. "You can start by carrying my books."

He gave me a sarcastic salute. I rolled my eyes and turned on the radio. We Found Love by Rihanna came blasting out the speakers. He quickly switched it off.

"That song is gay."

"you're gay." I mumbled.

He snorted. "I am deffinatly NOT gay."

"Your right. Your too much of a jackass to be gay."

He rolled his eyes. "That doesn't even make any sense."

"You don't make any sense." I muttered back.

"Are you going to be this annoying the whole ride?" he asked with an entertained expression.

"Maybe, now that I know it bothers you do much." I smiled.

He just sighed in return. "Oh by the way, I challenge you to a basketball rematch tonight. I'm getting that kiss." He smirked.

I laughed slightly. "As much as I would love to kick your ass again, I can't tonight."

"Why not?" He asked curiously.

"I have a date."

He paused. "With who?" he asked, seeming to lose the humor in his voice.

"Parker." I answered, confused by his weird attitude.

Another pause. I saw his hands tighten around the steering wheel. We were now at school, in his parking space.

"Kaitlin, Parker's not a good guy." He said bluntly.

I scoffed. "What? He's your friend."

"yeah, but he doesn't treat girls very well. He's kind of known to cheat." He said, turning towards me.

"And your any better?" I asked, suddenly upset.

"What?" He said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I know your type, Carter. One girl after the other. So don't try to tell me shit about Parker, okay?" I responded angrily.