Chapter 24 - Pack Changes

The flight up had been a pain as usual for Kadrian and Esther. Neither liked to fly but it was the quickest way to get around. There was quite a number arriving with them. Mike, his mate and child, Joli, her mate and pup, the parents of many and the rest of his team. All total there was a good twenty or more. Even a few of the other pups from their parents had come with. The change of pack was going to be a huge deal. Kadrian had ensured Adam had known how many were coming up for the change of pack.

When they reached the pack house it was a huge meeting. The team with Zane was there as well as some of his friends. As people started climbing out of the bus, people started moving forward. It was emotional for so many since it was like leaving him permanently. Zane came forward and gave Rico and Mindy good hugs before moving to his sister and Oscar, "I have missed the four of you so much it isn't funny. So glad to see all of you."

Once he had greeted them he turned and gave the rest of his family good hugs, "I am going to miss you two little stinkers. Love you kiddo's." He leaned against Mike and Annie, "Miss you as well but best for me." He turned and gave his Aunt and her mate good hugs as well, "Thanks for everything Auntie. Love you as well." He wasn't tearing but it was obvious he was feeling emotional.

Adalia was there as well and he gave her a good hug, *I noticed Auntie finally admitted you are her junior wolf. Good for you and her. You feel so much better than before.* He had no interest in her as a female but did care for her.

She returned the hug and held on for several minutes, *She and Ivan did, best day of my life. It is thanks to you Zane. Love you and thanks for the help.* She gave him a light kiss and let him go before starting to pull bags out. They were going to be there for a week.

Zane stepped back, "Alpha Adam, Alpha Brook, these are my family and friends. Abby and Brandon are the parents of..." He introduced them to the two to those important to him, "My family even if not by blood. Thank you for letting them come." He was so damn close to being a teary mess.

Adam smiled and nodded, Brook pulled Zane in for a hug, "They may not be your blood relations, but they are bonded as close to you." She told him before turning to the visitors, "Welcome. I know you would be tired from the trip, you can come relax in the pack house, or the grounds. You all will be welcome to come back at any point and visit."

Adalia moved over to Zane once the greetings had been done and spoke quietly to him, "Olivia and others have mentioned the wolf pack. Do you think it would be possible to go and visit?" When he pulled her into a hug she relaxed against him, *Zane if you don't mind my asking, how come you haven't shown interest in me?* It had been really bothering her. She was curious to know his reasoning. She wasn't all that active but there had been a few wolves she had been with.

"I will talk with Adam and it shouldn't be a problem before everyone fly's back." He pulled her into a good hug and felt her relax against him. When she asked him why he hadn't made a pass at her, he didn't hesitate to answer, *When we first met I was involved with Tessa. You were also healing and didn't need that sort of interest from me. I was working to build trust between us and that would have damaged it. Later? It is hard to explain. You are a pretty woman and I mean that. Not really sure how to explain it but to me you are a friend.* Zane had to make a slight face, *I hate to say it knowing you are my Aunt's junior wolf is some of the issue as well. Ultimately, I do care for you and always will but it is just something I don't feel would be right. Besides I know Jason likes you and has spent some time with you. Now shall we go in and get all of you settled?* That was probably one of the hardest things he had to do. He liked her, she was attractive, but he simply had no interest in her that way.