Chapter 12 - Jokes

The next morning Zane was feeling in a slightly silly mood; he was feeling better than he had in a very long time. Why he was, he wasn't sure but wasn't going to question it. He waited for everyone to leave before he picked the little tub up and tucked it into a pocket of the light hoody he had on. If he had seen his expression he would have noticed a twinkle in his eyes. When he clattered down the stairs he almost got yelled at before he realized he was being noisy.

Zane's wolf was panting in laughter in the back of his mind, having read the thoughts of what he planned.  He was glad his human half was feeling so good.  This was the best he had ever felt him.

When he reached the dining room he looked around and found Adam sitting with Brook and several others. He headed in that direction, "Morning Adam, I need two favours please. Can you make sure to send copies of the pictures to Uncle Mike?"

Adam smiled, "Guess you haven't checked your email lately, as they were sent to him and you as soon as they were off the camera. You looked good! If you want more, let me know, and we will do some. We will need to get you trained in the basics of your Were form as soon as we can."

Zane shrugged, "I was somewhat busy last night. For some reason, several women were trying to hit on me..." They hadn't but he could tell both Kat and Alonya wouldn't say no to some fun at some point, "Just let me know when you want to get started." He agreed, "The second favor I would like to ask is when Tessa packed for me she included the sink and tub. Since we don't have a tub would you mind having it installed?" He pulled the little clawfoot tub out of his pocket and put it in front of Adam and Brook.

Adam blinked at the tub, tilted his head, blinked again. He then had a slow smile before laughing hard, making quite a few around them look at him. Several others grinned or laughed, who had overheard the request. "I don't have an expanding ray." He said amused. "If you really want a tub in your room, I could get one of the old tin ones that MacLaren still has in a storage room."

Tessa and his team heard what he had asked Adam and Tessa covered her face even as she was giggling. The rest of the team started laughing as well even as Melody groaned. She should have known he was going to do something like that.

Zane picked the little tub up and tucked it back in his pocket, "I was busy celebrating with my team. Thanks for taking care of that. I did my best to use the mirror in our room to see what I really looked like. I thought you might like the little tub. I was teasing Tessa about if she packed the sink and tub... She got me good." With a grin, he left to get food of his own.

When he made it to the table his team and some of the other Academy trainees sat at he was still grinning, "I had to." He nudged Katya who was dying laughing at the entire thing. Even her junior wolf was obviously amused by the joke.

Beth didn't know the extent of Zane's humour and was trying to figure out what to do. She was torn between laughing at him or being horrified. Her being horrified was because he was obviously teasing what she would consider a tribal chief.

Adam continued to chuckle the rest of the meal, before heading off to teach an archery class. In the time since he had Mated Brook, he had been gone from barely knowing how to shoot to being fairly accurate with it. He agreed with MacLaren's idea about bows: much cheaper to make, arrows were reusable and could be readily made at the pack.

He lightly shoulder bumped Zane as he headed to his own archery lesson, as Adam headed to help some of the young pups with their first lessons, as he had been found to be able to find those that would excel and to get them going.

"See you after lunch, Zane." Adam said, as he passed him a note from Fabian. As he had Zane given the afternoon for work on his were form, since several his classes the next semester needed him comfortable in it.