24. statement

Dear beloved fans,

As you all know, 3 weeks ago Dave Franco and I heavy heartedly decided to end our engagement due to reasons we did not want to disclose at the time. Recently, however, the media has been paying a lot of attention to Dave because of his relationship with Emma Roberts and also because of these ongoing rumors about Dave and an old friend of Emma's ex-fiance, Evan. With these rumors going around, Dave and I decided it was time to make a statement about our break up.

I want to confirm right now that the reason Dave and I broke up was because Dave cheated on me with Emma Roberts the night before we decided to end our engagement. Dave was very truthful about the affair and told me right after it happened. He begged me for forgiveness and, while I have forgiven him, I have not and will not forget and I probably will never trust him ever again. And that is why we decided it was best to end the engagement as opposed to getting married knowing what Dave did.

Dave and I are still friends. We still talk. We still love each other, we just cannot be together anymore. And that is not the fault of this Jasper Hayes that everyone is talking about. It is the fault of Emma Roberts.

I know people are probably gonna think I'm only saying this because Emma is reason my relationship is over, but Emma is not a nice person. I met her while she and Dave were filming Nerve and she was very rude, not only to me but to the other cast and crew and she openly flirted with Dave in front of me, no matter how much he pushed her away.

I may not know Jasper Hayes personally, but I do know that she is not Hollywood's newest homewrecker. The only homewrecker in this equation is Emma Roberts.

-Alison Brie

Dearest fans,

First, I would like to thank Alison for agreeing to release this statement with me.

To further confirm what Alison said, yes I did cheat on her with Emma Roberts. Emma and I were celebrating the release of Nerve at a bar and Emma kept buying me drinks. I was so drunk I didn't realize what I was doing and I slept with Emma. It was a msitake, the biggest mistake of my life.

I told Alison because our relationship was heavily based on the truth. I begged for her to forgive me because, while I knew this would end the relationship, I just couldn't lose her from my life completely. I knew she would never forgive me and that is why I wasn't surprised when she told me that she didn't want to marry me anymore or be with me in general.

Cheating on Alison is the worst possible thing I could have ever done. I still love her with all my heart, but I ruined our relationship.

As for my relationship with Emma, I have ended it with her after her ex-fiancè, Evan Peters, sent me screenshots of messages from Emma in which she was attempting to get him back or to hook up with him behind my back.

Emma Roberts is a terrible person who ruined my relationship as well as her own. She's controlling and wants to have power over everyone. She cannot stand it when she loses grasp on one person so she decides to ruin the life of someone else. In this case, she was losing Evan so she decided to ruin Jasper Hayes.

The screenshot Emma posted was only a tiny tidbit of the conversation Jasper and I had had. If you want to know what was really going on, Jasper was helping me to finally realize I could not be with Emma anymore because I have zero feelings for her other than rage and resentment and I'm still in love with Alison. Jasper was not trying to steal me away from Emma and she did not steal Evan away. Emma ruined her own relationship with Evan Peters when she decided to sleep with me.

Did I mention that Emma was sober?

I want to publicly apologize to Evan Peters for what I've done to his relationship, to Alison Brie for breaking her heart and to Jasper Hayes for the unwanted attention she is getting for no reason.

-Dave Franco