Romance in the Air

Robin woke first the following day. He needed to go into work, to check in on the store and do some bookkeeping. Yet he found it difficult to leave his bed. Or more accurately, to leave Regina's side.

They had gone to bed together, especially as Regina was more affectionate after their kiss at the lake. She let him steal several quick kisses throughout the evening and had given him a long goodnight one before they climbed into bed. Robin had been willing to stay on his side but she had curled up next to him, smiling as she drifted off to sleep.

She was still smiling and cuddled next to him, her arm across his chest. He smiled as he ran his hand down it, fingers ghosting over her smooth and soft skin. It should be a crime to leave someone so beautiful, even if only for a few hours.

As tempted as he was to call out, Robin gently lifted her arm and slid out of the bed. He pulled out a more casual outfit for the day, changing into the red sweater and gray pants quickly. A quick run of the brush through his hair, a dash of cologne and his watch completed his look.

"Where are you going dressed like that?" he heard Regina ask.

"Work," he replied, leaning against the vanity as he studied her. Her dark hair was mussed from sleep and there was a red splotch where her cheek had been pressed to his chest. Eyes that reminded him of whiskey sparkled as she bit her lip.

"You're injured," she said and he chuckled. There was a particularly nasty bruise along his hip and he was going to be sore but it was nothing serious.

"I will be mostly sitting but thanks for the concern." He pushed himself off the vanity. "I'll be back in the early afternoon, hopefully around two."

She nodded before sitting up, her cheeks growing redder as she lowered her eyes. "Do I get a goodbye kiss?" she asked shyly.

"What kind of husband would I be if you didn't?" He crossed the room in two long strides, using the headboard for support as he gave her a sweet kiss.

Regina cupped his chin, her thumb running over his cheek. "Prickly. Good."

He grinned. "My scruff will be back soon, milady. You'll see."

"Never shave it off again." She gave him a stern look, frowning.

"Understood." He gave her one more kiss, lingering this time as he drank her in before stepping away. "I'll be back soon."

Robin walked out of the room backwards, not wanting to take his eyes off the beautiful woman he was now fortunately married to. She watched him for a bit before lying back down, hopefully getting more sleep. He believed she deserved it.

Checking on Roland, Robin was not surprised to find his son already awake. He lay in bed, though, reading one of the comics Henry leant him. Robin kissed him goodbye, told him to mind Regina and then went to check on his other son. Henry was still sound asleep so Robin just kissed his forehead before leaving.

It struck him how easily he was forming a new routine.

He liked it.

*****

John was already in a foul mood when Robin entered the store. He stood at the cash register with his arms crossed and his eyes narrowed, long dark hair pulled back in a ponytail and a blue flannel shirt covering his portly frame. "What's this I hear about you getting married again?" he asked, voice gruff.

Robin paused, coffee in his hand. Granny had also been less than pleased with him that morning, insisting that he and Regina come around that night for a proper wedding reception. He had been too intimidated to say no.