Santa's Gift

Regina and Robin stood on opposite sides of the bed, staring at each other. He had accepted that he was in her room but had yet to provide an explanation for how he had gotten into her house.

She was trying not to notice that Robin had only slept in a pair of cotton boxers decorated with little candy canes. Nor did she eye his toned chest or his well sculpted legs. And his muscled arms certainly didn't make her go weak at the knees.

"Well?" she prompted, forcing herself to keep her eyes on his. "I'm waiting for an explanation."

He ran his hand through his hair, messing it up more. "I don't have one, Regina. I have no clue what I'm doing in your house, let alone your bed. I swear to you I feel asleep in my own."

"So what are you saying? That you magically appeared in my bed?"

"I don't know," he replied. "I'm just as confused and scared as you."

She crossed her arms, glaring at him. "Who says I'm scared?"

He sighed. "You put on a good front, Regina, but I can see it. Your eyes give you away."

That as intriguing but she had no time to be distracted by the fact that Robin knew how to look for indicators of her moods. She had a mystery to solve. "Okay, this isn't funny, Robin. Tell me the truth," she said.

"I am," he insisted. "I had nothing to do with this and I have no clue what's going on. What will it take to get you to believe me?"

She shrugged. "Come up with a plausible theory."

"I can't. I should be at my home, with Roland..." His eyes widened in panic. "SHIT! Roland..."

Robin turned and opened the door, stopping short. Giggles reached Regina's ears and she hurried over to him. "What's going on?"

She looked down to find Henry and Roland sitting outside the door. They were grinning and their eyes were lit up. "Mom! Our Christmas wish came true!" Henry declared.

"Santa gave us what we wanted," Roland added.

Beside her, Robin let out a shuddering breath. "What do you mean, my boy? What did Santa give you?" he asked.

"He made me and Henry brothers, just like we wanted!" Roland jumped up and took his father's hand. "See?"

Regina glanced down to see a gold band resting around Robin's left index finger. It had been major town gossip when he had taken off the wedding ring Marian had given him. She had remembered seeing him rub that finger for a few weeks afterwards, as if trying to toy with the band like he used to. Regina had done the same after she had taken off her engagement ring from Daniel.

And though she would deny it, she also knew Robin's wedding ring had been silver, not gold.

He scrunched his face up as he studied it. "What...?"

"You have one too, Mom," Henry said, lifting up her left hand. Indeed, a matching gold band sat on her ring finger.

She frowned. "How...how did you see these so fast?"

"We also saw the picture," Roland answered, now in his father's arms.

"What picture?" Robin asked, looking between the two boys. "Where is it?"

Henry pointed down. "It's in the kitchen. We can show it to you."

Robin nodded. "Please do."

*****

The Keurig finished brewing a mug of coffee for Robin and she popped in another one for herself. She had put on her black bathrobe, which was how she had discovered that all of Robin's clothes had been transported to her house as well. It was somewhat of a relief, though, as it allowed him to put on a pair of pajama pants and a t-shirt. She didn't think she could handle any more conversations with Robin in only his boxers, not after what had happened in her bathtub the night before.