Episode 5: Schooled

Start from the beginning

"I love the guessing game as much as the next person, but can I take off this blindfold now? It's kinda itchy," I admit.

"Sorry," Robin says, pulling off the blindfold.

My eyes adjust to the light and I look around me. "Wow! This is really cool."

"Robin, who is your friend?" a calm voice asks. "You know you are not allowed to bring outsiders to the cave."

"Sorry," Robin says. "She's an exception."

"Who's the hottie?" Kid Flash asks, running up to me. He draps his arm around my shoulders. "Hey, I'm Kid Flash."

"I know who you are," I admit. "It's kinda obvious."

"Love the outfit, babe." He takes a bite from his banana.

I chuckle as I quickly move from his grasp, take a bite of his banana, and sweep his legs out from under him. "I like your's too, condiments."

"Y-you have super speed..."

"So you noticed?"

"You're the new speedster," Kid Flash says. "And you're totally hot! We are so going to have a race later."

"Deal."

"Team, I'd like you to meet Bolt," Robin introduces.

"Hello! I'm Bolt, if you didn't catch that because I'm faster than a lightning bolt," I say and speed up next to the martian. "Who are you?"

"Well, I'm Miss Martian, but you can call me Megan."

"Giving away your secret identity that easily," I respond, tsking. "Strange."

"Was I not supposed to? You are joining the team, correct?" Megan asks.

"I'm deciding," I respond.

"Did Batman authorize this?" the dark skinned Atlantean male asks.

Robin chuckles nervously. "He has no clue."

"Batsy knows of me though," I say.

"You have a lot of nerve to call Batman that," KF says.

"I have a lot of nerve for a lot of things. Batman doesn't scare me," I reply.

"I am Aqualad, but my friends call me Kaldur."

"Nice to meet you, fish boy. So you're Aquaman's protégé and you're Martian Manhunter's?" I assume.

"Martian Manhunter is my uncle."

"That makes more sense," I admit.

"Recognized: Superboy, B04."

From the tunnel appears a smaller version of Superman.

"Hi, Superboy," Megan greets. "How was Metropolis?"

He walks right through the middle of us without a word and a frown on his face.

A voice is cleared behind us. "Ready for training, everyone?"

We turn around to look at the new arrivals.

"Black Canary! Uncle J'onn!" Megan squeals and rushes over to give him a hug.

"M'gann, I was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd see how you were adjusting," Martian Manhunter says.

"A few bumps, but I'm learning."

"That's all I can ask."

"Who's this?" Black Canary asks, looking at me.

"A possible new recruit," Robin says.

"Does Batman know about her?" Martian Manhunter asks.

"He knows of her," Robin says, not lying but not telling the truth.