Chapter 3

Enoch's POV
I stared down at the beautiful girl, in my arms. She looked up at me, red blotches adorning her tear-stained face. Her big, blue eyes entranced me and my stomach fluttered. What the hell?
"Sorry. I got your shirt wet." She muttered. I chuckled. Aeroplanes flew above us. I knew what was going to happen and so did Ophelia. It was to late.
"When exactly are you supposed to reset your loop?" She asked.
"Right before a bomb drops on the house," I replied, solemnly. She gasped and her eyes widened. The aeroplane, that held the bomb inside it, flew over and the bomb dropped from one of the compartments, in the bottom. By now, everyone had almost come down on the branch, except for Jake and Emma. The bomb became dangerously close to the house. Without warning, Emma took her shoes off and grabbed Jake's hand. She threw one end of a rope, that I didnt see her get, towards us and tied the other around her waist. Jake grabbed her shoes, and they both started floating upwards. I pulled them over to where we were. The bomb came closer to the house.
"I have to get something," Ophelia said, running to wards the house.
"Ophelia! No!" I screamed. She looked back at me and ran even faster. Ten seconds later, the bomb hit the house, destroying it and the Hollow inside.
"Ophelia hasn't come back yet!" Fiona exclaimed. My eyes widened, when she said that.
"She could have gone out the front door," Bronwyn suggested. We all ran to the front door and saw Ophelia, layed on the ground, her body covering something.
"Ophelia!" I screamed, running over to her body and dropping to my knees," Ophelia! Come on, Ophelia! Wake up!" She groaned and, slowly, got up.
"What the heck was so important, that you had to risk your life?" I asked, furiously. She opened the box and showed us what was inside. It was a picture of an older woman, Ophelia and lots of children. I was assuming that this was Ophelia's old loop.

 I was assuming that this was Ophelia's old loop

(Mrs Goldfinch. Age 56)

 Age 56)

(Jared. Age 6)

 Age 6)