13. The Chicken And The Sparrow [A Comedy] (Parable)

"Wanna see what I got you today? It's a Mockingjay pin, to protect you. And as long as you have it, nothing bad will happen to you, okay? I promise"(Katniss Everdeen in 'The Hunger Games' – 2012)

The story of the chicken is a best-seller. Thanks to her tasty meat and her capacity to produce eggs, the chicken became one of the dominant species of birds of our planet. The success of the race was not such good news for every individual chicken. She had a full-time job and she had to work hard for the people, who guaranteed her safety and took care of a warm and dry environment with enough food and the right amount of sex. She was forced to live in a cage, without freedom, because that way she would be most productive, and at the moment when she lost her productivity, the chicken soup was her only way out.

When the chicken talks, people call it 'clucking', they get annoyed and nobody ever listens. The chicken has the right to remain silent...

The story of the sparrow is a best-seller. Thanks to her capacity to adapt herself to almost every environment and her ability to cause no problem to anyone, the sparrow became one of the dominant species of birds of our planet. The success of the race was not such good news for every individual sparrow. Her safety was not guaranteed. She had to build her own house of straw and she had to work hard every day to collect the food she needed to survive. Hunger was her game and Danger was her middle name. But she was no threat to the people, who sometimes left some crumbs that helped her through the winter, and she was free to go wherever she wanted, to live like a bird in the sky.

The sparrow is not a great singer, but when people wake up in the morning and they hear the sparrow sing, they feel wonderful and they start the new day with energy. The sparrow has the right of freedom of speech...

Who am I?

I'm a sparrow...