Of Waking and Nicknames

HARRY

Ron awoke amidst mumbling and shuffling, people crowded around him.

"Where....where am I?" He asked, surprise etched in his tone. It would be that Ron had just declared his love for his best friend, and then woke to not remember it. This notion was then discarded, because thankfully, realization slowly dawns upon his features, as well as a blush rivaling the color of his hair, especially when he sees that one of the heads looking concernedly down at him is Hermione's.

Oh this was going to be good. The twins exchanged glances, and it didn't go unnoticed that they were smirking.

"Oh ickle Ronnie-kins! Now that you're awake, your prince can come swooping in and-"

"-place a kiss on sleeping beauty herself."

Embarrassment fading with his irritation, he turned to the twins, "shut up, shut up!"

Cackling evilly, they were shooed from the room by a giggling Tonks and a smiling Remus. Now to get rid of the others.

"Mrs. Weasley, Ginny. Erm, do you think you might want some help making lunch?"

Molly looked slightly confused, but luckily Ginny caught the hint. "Yes, of course. Alright Ron? We'll call you when lunch is ready. We need Harry to help peel the carrots, don't we?" A smile was in her voice as she ushered her mother away followed by a grateful Harry. She parted with a wink towards the remaining pair, and without further ado, left in a flourish. Harry, shaking his head, followed suit.

-------
NYMPHADORA

"I think that's enough making fun of your brother, you agree Dora?" Remus spoke softly.

Dora? Where did that come from? He froze beside her, looking uncertain. She couldn't help the shy smile and blush at the fact that he gave her a nickname. Tonks realized she had better respond, especially because of the looks Fred and George were giving them.

"Hmmm...Dora. That's a new one, I...think I like it." More like she loves it, since it's him..

A relieved look crosses his features and it's all she can do not to reach up and kiss him right there. "What, am I really that scary when it comes to names?"

Nymphadora Tonks looked around to see all three heads nodding furiously.

"Bloody hell, of course! First, you get this kind of murderous glint in your eyes-"

"-hell, even Sirius is scared of you then!"

Oh. "Well, I'd never hex you, Remus." She retorts without thinking. Oh, bugger it all... "I mean, Sirius, sure, but you, well no." she finishes and look down, hiding her rising blush. It seems that all he does is reduce her to stuttering and blushing. Brilliant. Of course, it doesn't exactly help matters that all she can think about is their kiss...

The twins smirk again, and she curses to herself, knowing she looked up and got lost in those chocolate eyes...she shakes her head.

"Well, it appears we must leave the two love-birds alone...so long Tonks, Professor." They parted with matching Chesire grins.

Oh. Bloody. Hell. Looks like it's time to leave for she does something stupid.

"Well, look at the time! I'd better go, don't you think? It sure was nice kissing-I mean seeing- you." She stumbles over her words, and then her feet decided it would be bad form if they didn't follow suit.

Instead of a quick exit with  dignity intact, she found herself free-falling towards the front door in the main hallway. Looking sideways, she barely managed to bite down a few choice words as she discovered it was the same blasted troll umbrella stand. As Tonks braced for impact, she didn't feel anything but a soft, warm embrace. Remus, she thought giddily. His muscular arms encompassed her and it was all she could do not to swoon. And she was most decidedly not the swooning type.

They stayed like that for three beats too long, his arms around her, on his knees, and her head pressed against his chest with arms sprawled around his neck. Her natural blue eyes met that amber-chocolate pair and all she could think that if this was falling in love, then hell, he could catch her anytime.

Then they were snapped back to the present and whatever moment they had was gone. There was stuttering, and Tonks was shocked to note that there was...a blush on his cheeks? She almost squealed from how adorable embarrassed Remus looked.

"Erm..um, right. Well, goodnight Dora, I mean Tonks." He said shyly, eyes down at his shoes. He was really going to kill her with his adorable shyness.

"Goodnight. Oh, and Remus?"

His head lifts up and he timidly nods to acknowledge the Metamorphagus.

"I like Dora."