Compromising Positions in the Study

REMUS

Remus woke up feeling refreshed, which in itself wasn't bad, as a matter of fact rather a good thing, but it was quite strange. Especially because two nights from now is the full moon. He stretched his arms then quickly dressed. Peeking out his curtains, he saw it wasn't even light out yet. A glance at his watch in the dim morning light, and he sees it isn't even five yet. Sigh, another early morning. Despite the dreadful attitude that normally accompanies that thought, he is most certainly a morning person. After attempting to fix his matted hair, he decides to leave. It's not as if anyone else will be up yet anyway.

Tiptoeing downstairs, Remus remains quiet so he won't wake those still asleep. After a brief glance in the kitchen, he decides to head to the study. The study holds many books, and books are just what he needs to wake him up.

In the silence of the house, he was startled to see another human up in the same room. Remus jumped, startled, and in doing so, hit the bookshelf behind him. Cursing under his breath as he massaged his now injured shoulder, the other person flung themselves off the sofa they were on and whipped their wand at him violently. As they did so, they tripped on the chair leg and sailed forward for a face plant.

Instincts Remus didn't know he had suddenly kicked in, and as his body acted of its own accord, he lurched forward and caught the woman before she fell. As he did so, he looked down at her face, and immediately recognized it as the girl from yesterday, Tonks, Nymphadora Tonks. He felt himself blush, and was surprised when she glanced up at him and blushed in return. After an awkward moment, Remus realized that she was still in his arms, dipped low, and immediately went to help her up and out of the uncomfortable embrace.

Suddenly a soft chuckle emanated from the doorway, and there was Sirius, standing, leaning against the door frame with arms crossed, smirking at the sight before him. Immediately the pair jumped apart and Sirius of course had to say something about the scene he saw.

"Hey cous, mate, well Moony you sure work awful fast. Just met her yesterday, and you've already got my cousin falling head over heels." He starts shaking his head disapprovingly, then smiles and adds, "I've sure taught you well."

Oi. He rolled his eyes and feel the crimson color flood into his cheeks. Could he be any more embarrassing? Oh, of course he could....

"Now I'm sorry I interrupted, I didn't mean to cost anyone their snogging time, now. That would be unfortunate." He says this looking at them both, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"Ello Padfoot, we erm, weren't snogging," Remus starts, but Padfoot just flashes a look saying, hmm, yeah right, and he continues, "right, Nymphadora?"

He finishes then desperately wants to smack himself, because though he's gotten off the hook for now, he's started a battle with Nym-no, Tonks, and he can't help but cringe at the thought. Remus just met her yesterday, and already he's on her bad side! Now Sirius looks smug, as he knows of the storm that's raging in his cousin for Remus calling her that, and he knows it's not going to be pretty.....

But then Tonks surprises them by saying, "Hello Sirius, and thanks Remus for helping me up. Yes my dear deranged cousin, Remus here was not holding me in his arms preparing to snog me, but instead helping me up because I'm a total klutz." She says all this in one breath, explaining the whole situation in a decisive air. She then continues, "Remus here is nice and unlike you he can call me anything so hmmph! And, of course, Remus Lupin wouldn't want to snog me anyhow." She then stomps off fists clenched head down so she doesn't meet his eyes.

Remus' thoughts were something like this, wait she doesn't know that I want to snog her, how badly I want to just hold her in my arms......wait where were these thoughts coming from? He shook his head decisively, there was NO way she could ever like him like that, and even if she did, she wouldn't when she found out about his furry little problem, the main reason why he haven't had a girl, much less a date, since 5th year. Besides, he's too old for her, and far too poor. No way he could ever deserve someone as perfect as her.

Sirius looks over at Moony and gives his signature smirk. "Remus, old buddy of mine, I know you fancy my cousin." At this accusation he must have looked pretty flabbergasted and denying, because he added, "and I know for a fact she likes you too."

He then spun on his heel and left Remus wondering in a cloud of confusion.