Chapter 2 - Becoming Friends

Your POV

Age: 5

~1 Week Later~

After over a week, the house has been completely furnished. Right now, mom was making food because the neighbors next door invited us to dinner. (S/n) and I were on the couch taking turns playing video games. Dad on the other hand, was watching a football game in the basement.

Mom had told me that they have two sons, one my age and the other (S/n)s age. We get to go to their gaming room right after we finish dinner. Mom forced me to wear a blouse with leggings so I look 'presentable'. She made dad and (S/n) dress up as well. All three of us were complaining but mom said if we do we can go out for ice cream tomorrow. We all agreed and she laughed at dad and said he's paying and kissed him. "Gross!!" (S/n) and I shouted at them and they just laughed.

"Is everybody ready?" Mom asked.

"No." Dad, (S/n), and I all said in unison.

"Well hurry up! It's already 6:25! We have to be there n 5 minutes! Don't want to be late do you? Okay now move it people, move it! Time's wasting." Mom told all of us. She looked mad that we spent all this time play video games and watching football and not getting ready.

I ran up the stairs into my room and I looked at the blouse (Picture above) that mom was making me wear. It was white with long sleeves. I changed out of my clothes and put on the blouse, leggings, and the flats mom always makes me wear when I wear dresses or blouses. I quickly ran downstairs and mom did my hair. Dad and (S/n) rushed downstairs.

Mom grabbed whatever she made and we went to the neighbors' house that was next door. Wait... wasn't this the house I saw that boy in? Or was it the other one? No, no I think it's this one. It's this one for sure.

I snapped back into reality. We were already at the door and mom rang the doorbell. We waited a few seconds before someone answered the door. A lady appeared wearing a long black skirt and a red top. She had brown hair that went to her shoulders and brown eyes. She looked at mom and smiled.

"Hello (M/n)! Glad to see that you and your family made it." She said looking at everyone with a smile.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world (insert random name because I don't know Marks moms' name .-.)!" Mom said smiling as they hugged. "This is my daughter (Y/n)," mom said introducing me. I shook her hand and we both said nice to meet you and smiled, "and this is my son/daughter (S/n) and husband (F/n)." They shook hands and her and she invited us inside.

She introduced us to her husband, her son Thomas, and the boy I saw before, Mark. When Mark's mom introduced us to each other, we just said hi and Mark whispered something to his mom. Our parents left and it was just (S/n), Mark, Thomas, and I. We all just sat in the living room awkwardly. We all just watched TV in silence.

After what felt like an eternity, Mark and Thomas's mom came in and called us for dinner. The four of us walked into the dining room and went to our parents. Mom forced me to sit next to her and on the other side of me, was Mark. 'That's just great. Good job mom.' I thought.

Marks mom brought out the dinner from the kitchen and more. The adults talked and so did (S/n) and Thomas. Mark and I just ate our food and didn't talk at all. That was, until he tapped my shoulder.

"Uh, Y/n?" He asked.

"Yes?" I asked wondering what he was going to say.

"Do you want to be friends?" He asked looking nervous.

I smiled at him. "Sure!" He smiled shyly. This is going to be the start of an amazing friendship.

*30 minutes later*

After dinner was over, the adults went into the living room to talk and Mark and Thomas showed us where the gaming room was at. When we got in, there was a TV with a gaming system, a shelf full of video games and more gaming systems, a long couch, four bean bag chairs, a table with four chairs that had bored games on top of it, and a computer in the corner. There was also pillows and snacks lying around the ground. Tge entire room looked so cool.

Thomas and (S/n) ran into the room jumping on the bean bags. (S/n) missed and hit the floor instead. Thomas did too, but landed on a pillow. He stuck his tongue out (S/n) and they started a pillow fight. Mark and I grabbed pillows and joined in on the fun. After five minutes, we all stopped. We were all arguing on who won. I totally did, but everyone else says they won.

After what felt like an hour of arguing, we all gave up and got sat on the bean bags. We were talking and playing video games all at once. Mark and I got bored and went to the table to play bored games. We played monopoly and asked each other questions, like "what's your favorite song, color, food, video game, favorite animal," and basic questions like that. We also told each other about our life, family and friends.

After over two hours of talking and playing bored games, dad came in and told us it was time to go. We both started to whine, but dad said he would leave without us if we don't stop whining. We said bye to Mark and Thomas. (S/n) and I started whining even more on now much we wanted to stay, but dad dragged us out of the room. He dragged us downstairs and we all said bye to Mr. and Mrs. Fischbach.

Once we got home, I went upstairs to my room and got pajamas out and a towel so I could take a very quick shower. I went into the bathroom connected to my room. After I took a shower, I changed into my pajamas and got a hanger to hang up the towel to let it dry. I walked out of the bathroom with my clothes from earlier in my hand as I was about to go to the basement, until I saw that Mark was in his room. We both saw each other and waved. I looked away and I continued my way to the basement.

Once I got to the basement, I put my clothes in the laundry basket for mom to wash later. I went back upstairs to say goodnight to my parents to find that they were already asleep on the couch. Also snoring, very, very loudly. I went back upstairs to my room and hopped into bed. I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes shut, as I fell asleep.

A/n

Merry Christmas everyone! If you don't celebrate, then Happy Holidays! I'm sorry it took me months to update, but I'm back! Think of this as a Christmas present from me to you! I'll have more time to upload during Christmas break (since I don't go back until the 8th) anyways, hope you enjoy!

See you in the next chapter! Buh-bye!

~Liz