Chapter 1 - Moving to Cincinnati

~Your dad just got a job offer to move to Cincinnati, Ohio with a raise. Your dad took the offer because he was always busy working and never had time to spend with you nor your family. You, your mom, your dad, and sibling (S/n), originally lived in (city name and state), which is where most of your family members lived. You and (S/n) did not want to move because you both would have to say goodbye to all your friends and family. Your parents promised you both that you would see them again so you both felt relived after hearing that. After saying goodbye to your house, packing up all the suitcases in the car, and hours of driving, you finally made it to Cincinnati.~

Your POV

Age: 5

Early August of 1994

"Are we there yet?" I asked, probably for the hundredth time.

"We're almost there (Y/n), we'll be there in a few minutes so just be patient." Mom had said, as she rolled down the window on the passenger seat.

I looked out the window as the radio played in the background. We were going through these neighborhoods that had beautiful houses. They were bigger than our old house back in (city name). I saw kids who looked about my age and older at the park. "They look like they're having lots of fun. I hope I make friends here." I thought to myself and sighed. After what felt like an eternity, we finally arrived at our new house.

"(Y/n), sweetie, we're here." Mom told me as I was happy we were going to see our new home.

"Finally!" I shouted, as we pulled into the driveway of this huge two story house. Once the car stopped, I opened the car door and hopped out. I ran to the door of the house waiting for Mom, dad, and my older brother/sister, (S/n). Dad came with the keys to the house, while mom and (S/n) were getting suitcases out, dad opened the door to the new house and I immediately ran inside.

The house was huge! I ran up the stairs and decided to look around. I looked through the rooms and picked the room that was the second largest. I looked around the room and decided to look out the window. Through the window, I saw a boy in the house next to us playing with his Legos and building something. He had black hair, had glasses, wore a space T-shirt with jeans, and looked around my age. He looked at me and we both made eye contact. I waved and he waved back. I looked away and I ran down stairs and told my parents which room I wanted. They agreed and told me I could decorate the room once the furniture comes in by tomorrow. My stomach started to rumble.

"Can we go out to eat somewhere?" I asked.

"Well, since we still have to go get food, yes we'll go somewhere." Mom told us.

"I saw this little diner when we got here. We could go see what they have there." Dad suggested.

"Okay, but first we need to bring everything inside. Then we can go eat. When we get back, we'll put everything away." Mom told us and we all nodded in agreement.

~Small Time Skip~

After we got everything out of the car, the four of us got into the car and drove off to the diner. Well, not exactly. We ended up getting lost, so mom ended up having to ask a nice lady for directions. We told her thank you and headed off to the diner. We finally made it to the diner and we got a booth after waiting 15 minutes. Mom and Dad ordered the lunch special, and (S/n) and I got grilled cheese sandwiches.

When the food came I noticed someone who looked familiar. It was that boy from next door who I saw out my window. Same kid with glasses, T-shirt, and hair. We both looked at each other and I gave him a small wave. He waved back at me and smiled. I looked away and ate my grilled cheese sandwich.

"So," my dad said clearing his throat, "who were you waving at sweetheart?" He asked me raising his eyebrows.

I felt my cheeks turn red from embarrassment. "Well, when I was picking out the room, I saw the boy next door and he waved at me," I explained to my dad. "and I just saw him right now and he waved at me so I waved back."

My parents looked at each other. After what felt like an eternity, mom cleared her throat and spoke up.

"Well (Y/n), what about later on during the week, we'll invite him over so you guys can become friends?" My mom asked me.

My face lit up with excitement. I was so excited to make a friend here. My very first friend here in Cincinnati. "Okay! I can't wait!"

A/n

I finally finished editing this chapter! Woohoo! I made it a bit shorter than before because everything after the last paragraph wasn't really necessary.

Anyways, I will see you in the next chapter! Buh-bye!

~Liz