Bonus chapter: Christmas

Carefully I helped Adria secure the last decoration to the tree. A trail of glistening lights trailed around it, dotted around were decorations older than us. On the top was a silver star, which matched the colour of the decorations and tinsel.
"Thank you." Adria smiled weakly.

I couldn't blame her for being frustrated, it was in the summer that she acquired her injury from the vicious blackmailer that is forbidden from mentioning. Her arm remains in a supportive sling from the stab wound that left a wound in our lives.
My neck remains to have a red line, where the knife was pressed gently against my neck. However that wound has healed a lot quicker than Adria's.

"It's almost time to go." I replied, forcing a smile upon my lips.
"Are you sure?-" she asked.
"Yes." I sharply confirmed.

Gently I picked up the three bouquets. Both full of red roses and glitter to represent the time of year; Christmas time. All three for victims of the forcibly unmentioned couple.

"Joe!" I yelled up the staircase, "its time to go!"
"Coming." He replied whilst descending the staircase, "you didn't he to shout, we're right here."
By 'we' joe was referring to his girlfriend. Since the suicide of his last girlfriend, Holly, he found it very difficult to move on. His new girlfriend, Robyn, was supportive and extremely kind. There are still days when he misses Holly, and today Joe holds his own bouquet to lay on her grave.

"Ready?" Mom sniffles, standing in front of the door.
With a few nods around the room, the door opened and everyone got into the car.

The arrival at the graveyard was an emotional one at best. It was arranged for me to meet all of my friends at Maddy's and Hannah's graves.

My family walked through the path, passing the graves of other people with heartbroken families this Christmas.

There it was, our dad's grave. A man I'd never met, but a man who died because of an accident I was in next to him in. A man I'd never remember or have any memories of.

One by one each of us left our bouquet for him on his grave.

First me, stepping up and laying the flowers next to the stone. "I'll never have any memories of you dad, but I love you."
A tear dripped off my chin and onto my leggings, leaving a dark stain.

Adria stepped forward and lay her flowers next to mine. "I'll always love you dad, thank you for everything."
Adria was in hysterics of tears and as she stepped back I pulled her into a hug, sobbing she buried her head into my jumper.

Joe placed his bouquet in front of Adria's. "Don't worry dad, I'll make you proud."
He stepped back and Robyn hugged him for support. "Well done." She whispered to him, "you did really well."

Lastly was mom, she was already drenched in her own tears, we all watched as she silently placed the flowers on her dead husband's grave.
Silence speaks louder than words.

I said goodbye to my family as I continued to walk over to where my friends were gathered. The graves of Maddy and Hannah were close together. Flowers all over them. I lay both my bouquets down on their individual graves.

Whilst standing there in the silence, not talking to anyone, not even my closest friends that were scattered around, a voice broke me out of the quiet.
"Vienna."

It was instantly recognisable. Lily.

I turned to face where the voice had come from, she stood there as if she'd made a mistake saying my name. "You said my name?" I replied, my voice barely louder than a whisper.

Without even a word in reply, without a single explanation, she clasped her hands behind my back into a hug. In a confused state I hugged her back.
"Why?.." I sniffed.

"We've lost enough." Her glance momentarily falling on the graves of two of our closest friends, "and it's not only me that wants to apologise..."

Chase stepped forward, "I can't use words to explain how sorry I am." He placed his hands onto my shoulders.
Before he could realise I secured him into a hug as well, "I'm sorry." I cried into his chest.

3pm, Christmas Day.

"That was a lot of food." Joe chuckled, "thanks mom."
"No problem," mom laughed whilst clearing her plate.

I looked over at the empty chair representing where dad would've sat, then smiled knowing that he would be content with the fact that his family are celebrating Christmas as happily as they could.

"Bye Joe, bye Robyn!" I yelled before they left, the front door shutting behind them.
Adria got up and picked up her bag, slipped on her usual black boots.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"Jordan's" she smiled.
"Have fun." I laughed as she then left too.

Then I felt surprisingly alone, on Christmas Day, the day of friends and family togetherness.

But that's when the doorbell rang and continuous tapping at the window happened. Grumbling I opened the door, to find all my friends.
"Happy Christmas!" They all yelled.
"C...come in," I stammered in surprise.

They all rushed in and all sat around in my living room. "What are you doing here?!" I asked happily.
"You don't have any memories of Christmas, so we need to make some!" Charlotte exclaimed.

With the loving support of my friends and family, making new memories by the day. Even though I wish I could forget everything, mourning my friends and trying my hardest to remember them...

Suddenly amnesia didn't seem so bad.

Hey guys
Thanks so much for the amount of reads, I can't thank everyone enough. For voting, commenting, recommending my book and even reading.
I wanted to do a bonus chapter to thank everyone and to celebrate Christmas.
And especially to see how Vienna's attitude adapts to the situation.
Bonus chapters are probably not going to be a regular or promised thing, but I may write them every now and then.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

- Liv