I fell in love, he didn't

The setting sun cast an orange glow all over the evening sky. He lifted his head heavenward and plastered a smile on his face. I can never forget how he loves staring at the sky, more than staring at me, but I can never stop myself from staring at him, even if I know he will never look back.

I took out my camera, planning to captivate the sky, which have captivated him. I heard multiple shutters, as I uncontrollably took pictures, without minding if they will be blurred or not. I stopped and glanced at his direction, his eyes darted to the disappearing sun. I lifted my camera and focused it to him before darkness embrace his perfect face. One moment, he looked directly into my lens, sadness clouded his features as he said, "I am sorry".

I put my camera down, and directly looked into his eyes. I know, he's longing to say this, and he have already fathomed all the courage now.

"Don't be." I gently said, without showing a single expression.

"I am sorry", he said while tilting his head to the sun once again.

"Sometimes I love you, sometimes I don't. I know, you have loved me so much, but I can never love you back." He said with a tone I have never heard before.

He glanced at me, for the last time, and turned around.

"Je suis desolé", and he walked away, creating immeasurable distance. I stood still, the sun already disappeared, and the lampposts were lightened one by one. I took my camera again,wiped my tears before taking his photograph and uttered,

"I will always love you."