(1)

Ariana

"I'll see you after school. Do you have money for lunch?" Mom asks.

"Yeah. Thanks, though. Love you."

"Love you too, baby. Have a good day."

"You have a good day too, mama. Being a doctor is hardwork."

"So is being a junior in high school."

"Okay, go to work now."

"You go to school now."

"Mom!"

"I'm going. Make sure you get your brother."

"I will, I will." She walks out the door and I close it then walk upstairs, knocking on Frankie's door.

"Time to go!" I yell.

"Here we come!" He replies.

"We?"

"Yes. Tyler's here."

"Oh, well come on. I don't wanna be late."

"Of course you don't, goodie." He opens the door and out comes him and Tyler.

I still haven't fully wrapped my mind about the fact that my brother is gay, but at least I don't have to worry about any of his boyfriends hitting on me.

"Hey, Ariana." Tyler says.

"Hi." I send him a small smile before walking downstairs.

I grab my backpack and walk outside to Frankie's car. I still haven't gotten my drivers license yet, but I just haven't had time. School takes up so much of it.

"When are you gonna get your drivers license?" Frankie asks.

"When are you gonna stop talking?" I retort, throwing my backpack in the backseat.

I slide in next to it and put my seatbelt on.

"Do you wanna walk?" He turns around to look at me.

"Do you wanna die?" I cross my arms and he rolls his eyes.

I may be a goodie two shoes but I can get an attitude when I want to.

10 minutes later, I get out of the car and, pulling my jacket tighter, walk into the building. Fall in Denver is like winter in California or Florida. It's the coldest place I've ever lived. But, it's only the second state I've lived in so there's not much to compare it to.

"Hey, Ariana." I smile at the group of girls standing by their lockers.

I don't know why, but everyone seems to like me. I'm not even the most popular girl in school, but, according to the student body, I'm in the top 5. The most popular girl in my school is really cliché. That includes rich, pretty, stupid, and rude. Her name is Melissa Renaé, but everyone calls her Melissa, or, my personal favorite, Regina George.

The ringing of the first bell snaps me out of my thought.

Great.

I have 2 more until I'm late, and my homeroom is up 2 flights of stairs and down a hallway. I run the rest of the way to my locker, pushing past the crowd of people which seems to be going the opposite way.

I pull out the books I need for my first class and slam my locker shut. I run up the stairs, down the hallway, and into my homeroom, sitting in my seat just as the tardy bell rings. My teacher looks up at me and nods before going back to his laptop.

The announcements start playing over the loudspeaker so I look down at my pre-calc notebook. I have my homework for all my classes done, thankfully.