CHAPTER 38

HARRY'S P.O.V.

I woke up with the strong scent of disinfectant and cleaning alcohol. I immediately noticed that I was laying down in a bed, not on the floor, where I last laid. A pounding in my head, made me close my eyes at the stupidly bright lights. What the fuck happened?

I slowly peeled my eyes open, letting them adjust to the white light of the room, which I quickly recognised it as a hospital room. A shiver ran down my spine and it was only then that I've noticed I was wearing only an hospital gown. What the fuck?

I scanned the room, searching for my clothes, finding them on the small chair by the closed window. I got up from the bed, taking the small bag of saline that was attached to my vein with me and started towards my clothes.

I grabbed my pants and as I was about to pull them up, I noticed the huge boner underneath my baby blue gown. How the hell did I even got a boner while sleeping in a hospital bed? Oh, right, I was dreaming about Mel. Duh.

I pulled the pants up my legs, constricting my annoyingly painful erection, then stripping out of the gown and pulling on my shirt. "Harry?" A soft voice that I often only heard in my dreams called up from behind me.

I never turned around on my feet so fast before. I couldn't believe what I was listening. "G-Gemma?" There she stood, her brown eyes taking me in just like I was doing with her. Her hair was blonde now, different from the deep shade of blue I last saw on her that night.

"W-what? H-how?" It seemed that all I did was stutter, but how could I not when the only person I always thought I would never see again was standing right in front of me? I shook my head a bit, trying to come back to reality, which didn't work, since I was still seeing her standing in from of me.

"Hi, Harry." She smiled gently, placing a trembling hand over her stomach, which was huge, by the way. She was pregnant? What? "How are you feeling?" The woman in front of me asked; I guessed she wasn't just a mirage as I thought.

"W-what?" I asked again in pure bewilderment. "I asked how are you feeling." She repeated, voice in a slight tone of amusement. "I-I understood that, but what?" She laughed sweetly at my confusion and I was finally reminded how much I had missed her and her incredibly sweet laugh.

"I was here at the hospital doing an ultrasound when I got a call saying that you were here." She took a step closer to me, rubbing her giant belly. "What happened, Harry?" She asked in concern and I closed my eyes, trying to push the tears away once I finally remembered why I was at the hospital.

"Doctor Adams told me you had a fit and fainted because your girlfriend is in a coma. Is that right?" She asked with such a sweet, gentle and with no judgment voice it was almost as if the last time we saw each other had never happened.

"Yeah..." I nodded. "She got into an accident and now she's in a c-coma." My voice hitched at my throat, making me sound much more vulnerable than I intended to.

"Oh, Harry! I'm so sorry!" She hushed towards me, engulfing my body in the most sisterly hug I've ever had and petting the back of my head when I nuzzled my face on the crook of her neck, missing her familiar scent.

It had been so many years, but she still felt so familiar and just like... home. The only thing close to that was when I was with Mel. Without any warn, tears started to stream down my cheeks and a sob raked through my chest.

"Shh, Harry, she'll be fine." She tried to sooth me, with no success. "She won't, I know she won't, everyone that comes anywhere near me is dammed, Gemma, how could you not know this?" I stepped out of her hug and turned around, wiping away the coward tears.