Vampires(?)- Part 1

"The FBI?"

"The FBI."

"We're going to see the FBI?"

"We're going to see the FBI."

It was a cool winter day, with the holiday season just around the corner, and Isabella Ramos was   struggling to keep pace with Scarlett as they walked (almost ran) down the street.

"What does the FBi want with you?" Isabelle asked, her eyebrows scrunching with concern.

"No, I'm not getting arrested," Scarlett replied. "They need my help."

"With what?"

Scarlet slowed down slightly as her face fell. "You've heard about the murders over in Tessle?"

Isabelle thought for a moment. "Vaguely," she answered.

"Well," Scarlett began, "over the past eight months, Tessle has been plagued with murders. It started out slowly. A girl named Amber Sassian was found dead in the woods, alone, fully clothed, wallet with all it's money still in her possession. Well, her corpse's possession. She had no known enemies. The police couldn't figure out who it was, and they stopped trying after a while. And then, about a month later, a boy was found dead in his home. Same situation. No reason for the attack. And then it happened again. And again. And again. More and more frequently each time. Last I heard, the body count is up to twenty four. And all the victims have nothing in common, except for one thing."

Isabelle waited with burning curisoisty, until it became clear that Scarlett wanted her to ask for dramatic effect. After rolling her eyes, she asked "Which is?"

Scarlett leaned closer and whispered, "They were all drained of blood, and they all had two tiny holes in their arms that looked like bite marks."

"Oh. Vampires?"

Scarlett's body slumped. "Seriously? 'Oh, vampires' is all you have to say?"

"Sorry," Isabelle shrugged. "We've been doing this for a long time now. Nothing really surprises me anymore."

Scarlett smirked. "Challenge accepted."

Isabelle tried to to hide her slight shudder as she asked, "But seriously, is it vampires?"

"Oh, definetely not," Scarlett replied. "True vampires are very different from their lore. They do have fangs, sure, but they aren't for 'sucking you blood'. They're for fighting, and they only pop out when a vampire is about to throw down."

"So do they even drink blood?"

"Sure, but they drink it like you and I drink soda. And it doesn't have to be human. They are quite satisfied with animals' blood."

Isabelle gave a mischevious smile. "Do they sparkle in the sun?"

"No, Scarlett groaned. "Come on, Iz. It's a nice, frigid day out, and we are going to go investigate murder. Do you really have to ruin my good mood?"

"Sorry," Isabelle giggled.

"Yeah, sure," Scarlett rolled her eyes, but Isabelle could see a tiny smile poking out from under her scarf.

"So, if it's not vamprires, what other supernatural being is it? Does a witch need blood for her potion?" Isabelle joked.

"Please. We haven't had blood in ages. Most likely, it's just a normal human."

"Oh. Then why do they need you?"

Scarlett shinned a very self-satisfied grin. "Because, while those high-up in the FBi know of the existence of the supernatural, they don't know most of their habits."

Isabelle stopped walking. "Scarlett," she said as she pinched the bridge of her nose, "please tell me you are not letting the FbI think this is a vampire attack because you want to solve a murder."

Scarlett looked at the ground. "Well... solving a murder is on my bucket list."

"Scarlett!"

"What?" Scarlett put her hands up in defense. "So it's not vampires. But that doesn't mean a witch won't be helpful in stopping who it really is, even if they're human."

Isabelle glared at her.

"Come on!" she pleaded. "It'll be fun! Our first crime investigation together!"

"Scarlett..."

"Pleeeeeease," Scarlett begged. "I'll let you bring that ugly chair into our apartment."

Isabelle sighed in defeat. "Fine, but only if you also stop calling jt 'that ugly chair.'"

"Done." Scarlett grinned and gave Isabelle a quick kiss on the lips."Thank you."

Isabelle smiled as red rose to her cheeks. "Alright then," she said as she started walking again. "Let's go catch a murderer."

END OF PART 1

(A/N: Its definetely starting out slow, I know. But please stick with me. :). Thanks for reading!)