THIS WOMAN ALMOST HAD THE WORST CHRISTMAS

For agentsofshieldislife...you must be new to my page and all because dear,you should never let me write whatever I want.

For many reasons really.

Partly because finding a plot is really hard.

Mainly because I'm a slut for angst :-)

But I figured out that since it's Christmas I shouldn't get too depressing.

Enjoy!!!

Skye hated Christmas.

Actually,hate couldn't even describe how much she hated holidays.Mainly because it was last Christmas when Grant left for an undercover mission with Coulson.

One year later and they had still to return.

The holidays just reminded Skye of how alone she was without her husband.The holidays reminded her of how he could die in any minute.

So this year,Skye decided not to do something for Christmas.She didn't decorate,wish everyone a Merry Christmas and when people would want to carol she would most likely shut the door to their faces.

"You can come to our house,if you want"Jemma stated before sipping some hot chocolate"Our door is open"

"I'm fine Jemma"

"Are you sure?"

"Positive,I'll just watch a movie"

Jemma knew when she shouldn't push it further.When Skye didn't want something,nothing would change her mind.

Being stubborn was after all one of Skye's best skills.

"Christmas should be spent with your loved ones,Skye"

"Netflix is my loved one"Skye stated in her defense"At least,it's the only loved one in my disposal"

Jemma just nodded and gave her a quick hug goodbye.She had spent the entire afternoon with her best friend but now it was time to leave.Skye wouldn't have asked her to stay either way.She had a family of her own to take care of except Skye.

Skye looked at the now empty room.The lack of Christmas spirit was everywhere.It was depressing to watch-it had always been.Something was missing but Skye couldn't place her finger.

Was it Grant's absense?

The non Christmas spirit?

Or maybe both.

Frankly,she didn't want to know.This was a very dark path to follow and if she started now she would probably spent the holidays crying.

The sound of a ringing phone brought her back to reality and softened her missery.For like ten seconds before she realised what was going to happen.

A friend would call to wish her merry Christmas,which will only be a cover up because in reality everyone just want to check on her.

It happened the previous year and Skye was certain it would happen again.

"Hello?"

"Skye!Hi!Merry Christmas"

"Merry Christmas,Bobbi"Skye replied trying to hide her true feelings.There was no good reason why everyone else's Christmas should be ruined too.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine,watching some classics"Skye said glancing at the television in front of her.Home alone was on a rerun.If the circumstances were different,she would probably have groaned because yes the movie was pretty good but if she had to spent another Christmas Eve watching it she would kill someone."You?"

"I'm gre--kids get off your father!"Bobbi suddenly shout"Children love Christmas"

"I'm sure they do"Skye chuckled

"Are you going to Fitzsimmons for the holidays?"

"Um no,I'll be staying here"

"Oh!"Skye mentally slapped herself for saying that.This would certainly start the pity circle"You can come to us then,if you don't have anyone"

"It's okay really,I wanted to spent some time alone.Plus you already have a big family to take care of"Skye explained"I'll be just fine"

"Skye,I really don't want you to spent Christmas alone"

"I'm telling you,it's fine"Skye repeated"Besides,it's really late right now so I couldn't come even if I wanted to"

"Fine!But you're coming for New Year's Eve"

"Bob--"

"It's final!"Bobbi cut her off and hung up before the brunette woman could reply.Skye let out a sigh escape her lips and laid on the couch.

Her phone rang once more.

"Hello?"

"Merry Christmas"

"Who is this?"Skye knew very damn well whose voice this was but she also knew that it could all be a lie.It must have been a lie.

"My voice hasn't changed that much"the man stated"Though I kinda have a cold so this could be it"

"This isn't you,it can't be you"Skye stated and burried her face in her palms.

"Skye,it is me"Grant told her"Coulson said I could contact you"

"Does this mean you're coming home?Is the mission closed?"

"Skye"

"When will you come home?"

"Skye,I don't know.The mission isn't closed yet-many things can go wrong"Grant started"but I don't want you to be sad for Christmas.I want you to continue your life as if I am there"

"I can't"Skye told him letting a few tears escape her eyes.Then,in a matter of seconds,realisation hit her.She wiped away her tears and took a deep breath"You're unbelievable?"

"What?"

"You're unbelievable!"Skye yelled"How can you do this to me?How can you lie to me like that?Grant can't comtact me.He doesn't know what a mess I have become!You are forcing me to move on in the worst way!"

"Skye"the real voices had now become clear.Skye could hear Fitz cursing in the backround as both Mack and Jemma were trying to explain their side of the story.

She couldn't believe they tried to make it look as if Grant had called her.They had make her so happy for some seconds and then this joy was taken away.

How could they?

"Give me one good reason why I should talk to you again"

"Because it's Christmas"

"I'm not a Christmas person"

"And Christmas is a time of miracles"Fitz continued"Now put the phone down and go open your door"

"I swear if it's you three"Skye mumbled and walked up to her door"I will kill yo--Grant?"

"Merry Christmas"the man smiled as Skye ran and hugged him tight.She burried her face in his chest while she let out quiet sobs.Grant hugged her back before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Merry Christmas"Skye told him"This time I mean it more than ever.Please don't leave ever again"

"I'm not going anywhere"

A/n See what I meant?

ALWAYS GIVE ME A PROMPT

And be like specific,for example if someone tells me to write something about person A wearing person B's clothes I will most likely make person B dead so person A misses them and just wears their clothes and cry.

Similar to when Finn died and Kurt wore his brother's jacket :-(

ANYWHORE

MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS