Chapter 8

"Vincent stop this" Joey's mother chirped in "Joey get off the floor, we are all adults and this is our little Granddaughter's third birthday I know not everyone likes each other but we have got to try huh for Emilia's sake after you made her cry" Joeys mom has a point and points to my father who goes to say something "I know this little girl came from our children's night of forgetfulness, Joseph but I wouldn't change that, so what if Rose.. couldn't hold down a job sorry Rosie, but she did something incredible and gave you your first and only grandchild"

"Your right I'm sorry" did I hear my father correctly "I shouldn't of been so big headed"

"I'm sorry Rose" my mother says finally speaking "I didn't want him to come here but he insisted I'm really sorry for everything" I can except my moms apology because she wasn't there at the time of the first argument

"It's alright mama lets just forget it happened and enjoy the party" Joey says

"We got her a present" My father picks up a basket wrapped in paper "I'm sorry that I'm still stuck in my old ways"

"You can give it to her and stay if you like" there is no point arguing anymore I walk away into my room, I really hate the way my father treats me and the way my mom always takes his side.

I compose myself and bring out Emilia's huge gift it was a doll she always wanted I open the door to see her already holding one just like it

"Joey" I whisper he comes over

"What's up"

"My dad brought Milly the same doll as in here" he gives me a hug "he always tries to make me out as a bad parent" he shuts the bedroom door making me look at him

"Your not.. Rosie here give it to me" I hand the doll to him "she wanted a bike too I'll get her that now the stores  are still open, I'll get Ross to go with me" he hugs me again.