Chapter 1

-Louis-

I walked down the stairs, noticing my four other bandmates sitting on the couch, waiting for me. I approached them, a frown on my face. "Do we have to go to this?" I groaned, and they all looked up at me.

"It's for the record company, and we're kind of the guest of honors," Harry said, and I sighed.

"I know. I can just think of a thousand of other ways to spend my Saturday night instead of sitting at a sophisticated party, surrounded by a bunch of grown-ups," I stated, and they all chuckled softly.

"You know, techniqually you're a 'grown-up' too," Liam said, using his fingers to quote 'grown-up.'

"Well, people over the age of 30," I said, and Liam nodded.

"That sounds better."

"But seriously, can I skip this? Can I just pretend to be sick or something?" I said, and the four of them all stood up, ready to leave.

"If we are going to this, you're going," Zayn said, and I groaned before we walked outside and towards the limo, our ride to this party this evening.

-Aurora-

I slipped on my black heels, that matched my black and pink dress, and walked into the kitchen. My step-mom, Lee-Ann, was tapping away on her iPhone, not even realizing that I walked into the room. I stood there, waiting for her to finally look up.

"Oh, I didn't even realize you were standing there!" Lee-Ann said, and I rolled my eyes just slightly, so that she wouldn't notice. Just like I didn't realize the huge amount of make-up caked on your face, I wanted to say. But I bit my bottom lip, resisting the urge to let the words slip out of my mouth.

"You're father is out in the car, along with Christi. We should probably head out; we don't want to be late for your fathers 3 year anniversary of the company," Lee-Ann said, and I nodded. I followed her out to the car that we were taking. We were going to a party for my father, who is the owner of a huge record company in the UK, even though we aren't originially from here.

My dad and my mom, Patty, got divorced a few years ago. My dad took me with him to the UK for a fresh start, even though I would have rather stayed with my mom. My dad started up his own record company, discovering talent everyday. In the UK, he met Lee-Ann, and he married her sometime last year. Of course, Lee-Ann has had plenty of husbands. She had only married people for money; which is exactly what my father had.

And to add to the obnoxious step-mom, I got lucky enough to get a step-sister, Christi. And Christi was just as bad as her mother, and Christi was only 18. She was learning from her mother at a very young age. Christi had a new boy-toy every week, and I never actually got to meet any of them before she broke up with them. I honestly feel bad for all the men out there who have ever gotten together with Lee-Ann or Christi.

And now, here I am, sitting in the back of a car next to Christi, Lee-Ann right infront, and my father in the drivers seat. Christi babbled on and on the whole entire ride there, and I rolled my eyes multiple times. I quickly took out my iPod, putting the earbuds in, tuning her obnoxious voice out.

15 minutes later, we arrived at the record company building. It was actually a huge building, and everytime I visited my father, I got lost. Granted, the only time I had visited him was before he got re-married, and I had only visited a couple times. I hadn't stepped foot in this building in a couple years.

As we stepped out of the car, grins spread on Lee-Ann and Christi's face, ready to talk to as much paparazzi as possible. I kept a straight expression on my face, trying to walk behind my "family," if you could even consider them that.

We finally got into the building, and my father kept getting greeted by people. At the enterance, I noticed a stand with a poster on it, showing five boys, grinning at the camera. One Direction: Guest of Honors!, the poster read, and I almost smiled. My dad had signed these boys as soon as he could, and there music was actually pretty good. And, they were all pretty cute; which of course, was plus.

"Brian," A man I recognized greeted my father, a warm grin on his face as he shook my fathers hand.

"How you doing, Rick?" My father asked, a grin on his face as well. I knew Rick. I remember him being here whenever I had visited my father at the recording studio. Rick actually would talk to me a lot more than my father did when I visited. I remember just coming to visit Rick, not even being able to talk to my father. Rick actually listened and helped me with my problems, unlike anyone else in my family.

After my father, Lee-Ann and Christi had moved on to talk to other people, Rick caught a sight of me, and stopped me, a smile on his face. "Aurora?"

"Hey, Rick," I said, and his face lit up.

"Hey, Aurora! It's been a while, hasn't it?" Rick said, and I nodded. "You don't visit your father to much anymore."

"Well, he barely had time for me before he re-married, so I'm sure he wouldn't have time for me now," I said, and Rick sighed.

"You know your father loves you," Rick said, and I raised my eyebrow.

"I like to think that he does, but I'm not a hundred percent positive," I said, and Rick looked at me, a sad expression on his face. "Excuse me," I said politely, and Rick nodded, as I walked in the opposite direction of my father. Compared to the outside of the building, there weren't a whole lot of people here. Only people that were on the list to get in, could get in, so all the paparazzi weren't allowed.

There were tables with white table clothes spread across the perimeter of the room. Flowers were in the center of each table, plates and silverware on every table also. My family, of course, was assigned the table that had the greatest view of everything in the room. A small stage was in the back of the room, and I knew exactly why the party was in here. The stage was for One Direction, the guest of honors.

They were the first people my father signed to the record company, so of course they are the guest of honors, and not any other band or singers. They should be performing any time now, and then we will have dinner. And the most awkward thing is, is that my family is sharing a table with One Direction. My father being the owner, they obviously put the guest of honors with him. Well, hopefully we don't just talk about music the whole time we eat dinner.

I made my way over to our table, taking a seat that had a name card, reading Aurora Williams, Relative of Owner. I looked to my right, seeing a name card with Christi's name on it. Great, I get to sit next to her the whole night. I looked to the left, seeing a name that wasn't anyone from my family. Louis Tomlinson, Guest of Honor, One Direction Member. I knew which one that was; the extremely funny one.

I hadn't meet One Direction before, but they seemed like nice guys. Tonight may actually turn out to be okay. The first night in my life since moving to the UK that might actually be okay.