Sundays

Today was Sunday. I had got in late last night from X factor when the kids were in bed. I had told the kids the day before they'd be spending the day with JB. They didn't seem too happy about it though. In the morning I woke up to find Lottie and Ollie in my bed, Lottie was sat playing with her doll and Ollie lay on his iPad next to me. I have them cuddles for a bit before going to get Alfie. When returning to the room I took a picture of Ollie and Lottie playing in my bed. I got back in bed and Alfie lay on my chest for a while as I went through my social media. I posted the picture I took on Instagram and captioned it: 'The best thing to wake up to 👫'

Later on the kids were dressed and playing around the house, they were ready to go with JB. Although he was already an hour late. I was cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast when the doorbell rang. I looked out the window and saw JB's car in the driveway.
"Lottie, Ollie" I shouted, "daddy's here"
I picked up Alfie and headed to the front door. I opened it as Lottie and Ollie made their way to the front door.
"You're late." I said opening the door.
"Chez, Chez I'm so sorry to do this but something's come up with someone from work and I can't have the kids today." He said, not even bothering to look up from his phone to see that they were there as well.
"Ok" I said about to shut the door.
"Wait Chez," he then looked up from his phone and saw the kids. Ollie was clinging to my leg and Lottie held tightly onto my hand. Alfie's head just rested on my shoulder.
"Kids, great, kids" he said slowly. Ollie let go of my leg and I heard his footsteps turn back inside and storm off. I watched him go before JB tried to go past me.
"Let me go and see him."
"No, no I'll see to him, you lost the right when you told me you didn't want them." I said quietly with a hand over Lottie's ear.
"I didn't, I didn't me-"
"What you didn't mean it? Do t give me that! If you didn't mean it why did you say it? Why did you walk out on us if you didn't mean it?"
"Because, because, because..... I don't know, look I've got to go. I'll look after them some other time. Just tell Ollie I'm sorry." And like that he was gone. He ran off into the car and Lottie, Alfie and I watched him go. Once the gates were shut, I walked backwards and shut the front door. Alfie wriggled out of my arms so I put him down, and I looked down at Lottie. Her mouth began to form a frown and she put her hands in front of her eyes. I heard a little whimper and picked her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. She cried into my shoulder.
"It's alright baby, it's ok, ssshhhhh mammy's here." I whispered into her ear as Ollie appeared at the bottom of the stairs with Lottie's favourite blanket.
"Look what Ollie's brought you." I said as Ollie handed me the blanket. I used one arm to wrap it around her and then pulled Ollie into my leg and hugged him as well. Alfie walked over as well and Ollie picked him up and put him on his hip just like I usually do.

"Hey, we aren't gonna let him make us sad. Now mammy has to go to work tonight but I think that we should go out somewhere and have some lunch?" I said as I bent down, putting Lottie down but keeping my arm around her.
"I'd like that." Ollie said.
"And lily is on her way over so she can come too yeah?" I said. Lottie wiped her face and smiled at the mention of lily. They have a relationship that is very special and I have never really understood.
"Can we go to pizza express?" She asked.
"Yes, I'm sure we can." I said as I let go of Lottie and picked up Alfie from Ollie.
"You two go to the toilet and I'll get your shoes and hoodies out." I said and they ran off to the bathrooms in the house. I watched them run off, they were all wearing stripy t-shirts and denim dungarees with stripy socks. Lottie's hair was in two French plaits that neatly fell down her back. With Alfie wearing the same thing, I went into the cloakroom and got out Ollie and Alfie's blue zip up hoodies and Lottie's pink one. I also picked up a pair of converses for them each, all in navy blue. I them went back into the hallway and sat Alfie down on the bench and put on his shoes and his hoodie before putting a jumper on over my grey baggy t-shirt and grabbing my hand bag.
"Come on then you two!" I shouted as Alfie climbed off the bench and the back door slammed shut.
"Chez, its lily where are you?" She shouted from the kitchen.
"Front hallway." I replied as Ollie and Lottie came rushing in. They both sat down on the bench and I put on their shoes as well as their hoodies. Lily stood behind me.
"So he was a no show then?" Lily said.
"Yeah, turned up an hour late and then said he was too busy and had to do something. Doesn't matter, we'll be fine won't we? Don't suppose you want to join us for pizza express?"
"I'd love to." She said, as I stood up and grabbed my bag.
"Right come on then, lets go." I said opening the front door. Ollie, Lottie and Alfie all walked outside towards the car.

We got home and I put Alfie down for a late nap. While I was upstairs, daisy had arrived to look after the kids while I did the results show. Lily was already and waiting when I got downstairs. Ollie was sat on the sofa with his iPad and Lottie was playing dolls with daisy in the living room. She had practically brought her entire doll collection downstairs.
"Right I'll see you tomorrow, I love you." I said then kissing Ollie's forehead.
"Come here baby girl" I said putting my arms out. Lottie got up and ran into my arms.
"Bye mummy, I love you" she said and I kissed her cheek. She ran off and went back to playing.
"Right Alfie might not sleep for as long and they won't need a big dinner, just sandwiches or a bit of pasta maybe. Ollie has a bit of homework to finish but apart from that everything's normal." I said.
"That's all fine." Daisy said.
"Thank you" I said before leaving the house with lily.