Chapter 5

May 10, 1978

These past couple of weeks have been torture for me! Michael doesnt talk to me...like at all. He wont even look at me! I dont know why i even told him i was engaged. Everyone started to find out and soon i had to tell my parents. They were happy obviously because i was marrying some gentleman and a good guy. I dont disagree with them but i dont like him anymore...i would even say i dont love him at all! My parents have been on my case about planning the wedding. I told my mom she could help me and shes been great. She helped me pick out decorations and things like that, marcell and i picked a date. By the end of june we would be getting married. We decided to do it at the end of june because of college and school finishing up, amongst other things.

Today i was going with haley to pick out what dress i wanted. I wasnt completely excited but i was just trying to get this over with.

"Ok so here you have the choices we have picked out for you" the lady at the store said to me.

I looked at the dresses infront of me but i wandered off to another one on the rack.

"I like the one thats over there" i said pointing to it.

It was this lace, white, sequenced dress. It was so pretty. I liked it.

"Oooo isabella this would look so pretty on you!" Haley said.

"May i try it on?" I asked the lady and she nodded. I went to try it on and it fit prefectly.

I came out and everyones jaw dropped.

"You look stunning!" The lady said.

"Thank you" i said.

"Isabella you look amazing! Marcell is gonna die when he sees you in this dress!" Haley said smiling real wide. I couldnt help but smile. I looked at myself in the mirror and then i looked at my ring.

The ring was sort of simple. It was a 10 carat diamond ring. The diamond was in the for of an oval and it had tiny diamonds all over the band.

I stepped down and went to change into my normal clothing. I came out and i payed for the dress.

Not buying the dress right then and there would have probably made me doubt getting married.

"Lets go out to lunch" i said and we got in the car.

We got to the restaurant we were gonna have lunch at. There was a big fuss going on, tons of cameras and news people. I was just hoping michael wasnt in there.

We got in and sat down.

"Are you excited to be getting married?" Haley asked me.

"I dont know, part of me is and part of me isnt. Haley i think i fell in love with michael. Michael is the only person that gives me butterflies, his presence makes me nervous. Going to school with him is tourture because i just want to touch him and kiss him but i cant."

"Then why are you marrying marcell? Why did you even say yes when he asked you to marry him?"

"I dont know! When i said yes, i thought that what i was having towards him was just a crush, you know he is the biggest superstar right now in the world. But then as time went by it turned to be something stronger than that and now look where i am." I said. I turned my head to the side and saw michael with a girl leaving the restaurant. He turned just in time to see me looking at him. I stared at him for a second and then turned back to haley.

"Ugh i hate seeing him with girls!" I said frustrated.

We ate lunch and then we left.

I dropped haley at her house and i made a quick stop somewhere before heading home.

The beach has always been my place when i want to escape everything!

I was there sitting on a rock thinking about everything, with my eyes closed just enjoying the cool breeze.

"May i help you?" I heard someone say. I turned around and it was a tall guy with short hair.

"Um no im just here enjoying the view" i said.

"Ok mind if i join you?" He asked sitting next to me.

I shook my head no.

"So what are you doing here all alone?" He asked.

"Just thinking about things" i said. He started to slowly get close to me, suddenly i had hands touching my thighs.

"Oh, what are you thinking about? You know, if you dont mind me asking." He said.

I moved a but farther down.

"Nothing in particular, i come to the beach when i need to escape the world. Sometimes i come here to pray, to be inspired, or just to be alone." I said.

"Mhm" he said getting closer. This was sort of starting to make me uncomfortable.

"You know i think im gonna leave my parents might kill me" i said.

I got off te rock and so did he. He grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"Dont leave just yet, i want to get to know you a little better" he said getting close to my face.

I tried to get away from his grip but he wasnt letting me go.

"Please let me go! I need to get home and this is extremely uncomfortable for me" i said but he started to kiss my neck. "Please! Stop!"

"Come on, just stay with me for a little longer!" He said. He started to caress my body but i slapped his hand away.

"Dont touch me!" I yelled.

"Dont tell me what to do bitch!" He said and slapped me. I spat on his face and hit him hard on the crotch and made a run for my life.

Trying to run on sand is hard! The stupid guy caught me and threw me to the ground.

"Im gonna teach you a lesson you stupid bitch!" He said and he was kissing me roughly and he started to tear my clothing when someone yanked him and started choking him.

I was hysterically crying! I got up and saw who the person choking the guy was.

It was michael.