Edward

PS ~ Don't stress out about the cost.

"Oh, God," Bella murmured, clicking on the picture first. Liam and Lucy sat on Edward's lap, all of them smiling, with a sign saying that they loved and missed Bella. She printed the photo and put it on her desk, smiling softly. After she did that, she clicked on the link for the house. "Oh, God." The tone was different from the first whisper. "This house is almost a million dollars."

She clicked through the pictures, loving every one she saw, but it was a lot of money. Too much money. "Don't stress about the cost, my ass."

"What are you muttering about?" Jasper asked, ambling over and sitting down next to her. "Something about my ass? It's hot. I know."

"Jas, you are an ass," Bella deadpanned, nudging him with her shoulder. "Shouldn't you be working on inventory? Weeding out damaged books?"

"I have some of my minions weeding out the books. My eyes were crossing," Jasper snickered. "However, I heard a nasty rumor that you're leaving us."

"It was up in the air until I got offered a position at the University of Tampa," Bella explained. "I'm going to be working in their library and teaching a few creative writing and modern literature classes. And it wasn't exactly a secret. I told your wife."

"Yeah, she's back to being all secretive about you again, Swan," Jasper snorted. "Are you hiding another secret life? Are you secretly a man?"

Bella barked out a laugh, but sighed about Jasper's revelation. And with good reason. The rights for Mafia Princess had been bought by Summit and we were moving forward with writing a screen play. "Well, I'm here until the end of April and then I drive across the country. And no, I'm not a man."

"By yourself?" Jasper asked. "Edward's not helping you? I'm surprised that he's not dropping everything to be by your side."

"He's working some insane hours. Essentially, it's a marathon until it's the end of his residency," Bella explained. "Dad is trying to get a week off to help me with the drive, but with him being the boss, it's tough. He doesn't trust his second in command. He's incompetent and Charlie can't fire him."

"Alice could come with you," Jasper smiled.

"Spend a week in the car with your wife?" Bella deadpanned. "I love her, but no thank you." Jasper scowled. "Do you need a vacation from her?"

"Sort of," he grumbled. "I love my wife, too, but she's so ... so ... excitable."

"You knew this when you married her, Jas," Bella giggled. "Do you have some guy friends to hang out with?" Jasper shrugged. "Call them." With a sigh, Jasper walked away. Bella turned back to her document, trying to focus on her manuscript, but unable to do so because her mind was focused on that insanely expensive home that Edward had walked.

After work, Bella went back to her condo and spent most of the evening packing. Just as she was getting ready to go to bed, she got a text from Edward. It was short, but he said that he loved her and that they'd talk tomorrow, especially about the house. Bella wrinkled her nose, freaking out about how much the house cost. It was not like she was going to live there. Not right away.

Or if Carlisle had his way, ever.

She'd already scoped out some short-term leases near the university. She was happy to live there, even though the idea of paying rent pissed her off. It was throwing away money. At least with the condo, she was gaining equity. She made a hefty profit on her condo, which allowed her to look for a more luxurious apartment, and take some time off prior to beginning her new position, but it was still an apartment.

The One That Got AwayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara