D - 5 till' Christmas

Suho was shaking furiously, going to the rooftop in cold winter night no longer sounds like a good idea

Suho was shaking furiously, going to the rooftop in cold winter night no longer sounds like a good idea. The cold weather bit his skin and the strong winds threatened to topple him down. But it felt better to be physically in pain than emotionally, the severe goosebumps and aching skin is better than pointless tears and severe heart ache.

He couldn't stop thinking about her, even when she escapes his sight and cuts out all contact. Not even when she made him feel like it was all his fault that she left. Not even when all she left was a small, petty "sorry, I don't think we should be together" note.

Because he fell too hard for her, too hard for his own good.

She wasn't exactly a good girl or a bad girl. She takes school seriously and does her homework but there are times when she was more than willing to ditch class or argue with a teacher. She is a quite, reserved person on the outside but if you pull her trigger, she explodes with a smoldering stare, sarcastic insults and hurtful remarks. She is loyal to her close friends and is cheerful around them but she acts cold, indifferent - close to rude towards people she's not familiar with.

This made people very hesitant to reach out to her, afraid of being bit to pieces if they did something wrong. But little did they know she purposefully did this to swad off people. Dangerous people, threatening people, betrayers so she won't get hurt. She acts strong only to have severe anxieties and trust issue in her.

And this is what drew Suho into her in the first place, because he was like that too.

They first met during their senior year at the freezing all-purpose hall one winter. Both of them came early for the student council's meeting, he was the vice president and she was their year level's representative. Coincidentally their assigned seats are on the same row, enabling Suho to spark up a conversation with her.

"Aren't you on last year's honor roll for mathematics and social studies?"

She seemed hesitant to answer him at first but replied with a simple, "Yes".

"I'm Jumyeon," he held out his hand, "But people call me Suho."

She took his hand, her hand was unexpectedly cold and small compared to his large warm hand, "I'm Soo Hee."

It was during their first meeting that he right away knew he likes her. He fell for her long, straight, neatly combed brown hair and her hazelnut eyes. When her friends came along and she smiled at their jokes, her face would scrunch up cutely. Effectively altering her usual cold facade face with something similar to a cuddly puppy. The fact that her personality transforms differently according to the people around her intrigued him. He couldn't wait to be the one of the people who makes her laugh and smile- resembling a cute puppy.

The second time they met, it was during the school's winter dance preparation. They were both assigned to the same commitee, food and drinks. The commitee members divided their members to drinks and food, both of them coincidentally were made in responsible for food. Something both of them weren't fond of as preparing drinks is definitely an easier choice. The food group decided to meet after school at a nearby cafe to discuss what they'll be buying and making.