Chapter I - 'And Then There Was Silence'

"B-but, my Lord President, it was a misunderstanding I swear to you." the young man stammered out the words in a desperate plee to save himself from the inevitable. "Well you should have realised that before you agreed to terminate our communications with Terras. That planet was crucial in our intergalactic trades, but, oh, you thought you were important enough to single handedly disobey the High Council's orders.

"Oh please, Senator, stop your endless grovelling, I haven't got all day. If you'd be so kind as to spend your final breaths whining about something useful." Sengarth said with disinterest. "Last breath? Sorry, what do you mean, last breath?". Sengarth said nothing, he simply stared at Senator Grodin, with a look of, well, a look of nothing. He was emotionless, an emotionless monster. "Dispose of the Senator, quickly and cleanly, we don't a repeat of last time gentlemen." Grodin whimpered with fear. He could feel his inevitable death piercing down at him. "Please, have mercy, my Lord President. Have mercy!"

Sengarth stood there, watching the Senator being helplessly dragged away by his guards, before raising his hand, "Hold on." The room fell silent. A small smile worked its way onto Grodin's face. "Thank you my Lord, thank you for your mercy, I honour you". Sengarth didn't respond, but gestured for one of the guards holding him to come closer to him. "Inform his family that he won't be returning home, we must have some decency in these situations." Grodin's face fell to dread once more, as he was dragged away into the darkness of the next room. Screams echoed throughout, until a single blast of energy was heard, and then silence."