Would You?

"Okay, but if Caitlin was in the Australian Secret Service for nearly as long as Mack was, why doesn't she have the accent?" Cisco questioned

"Well I was born in Australia. And raised" Mack said as she sipped on her soda, sitting upon her desk, opposite Caitlin, who was leaning against hers and eating a sandwich. Cisco sat in a swivel chair between them. Wells watched amusedly between the three.

"And I was born and raised in America. So no accent for me. I guess I just never picked it up" She shrugged before taking another bite of her sandwich.

Barry hadn't shown up yet. Late as always.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Yo! Metahuman alert!" Cisco jumped up and checked his computer, "Looks like a fire-man. Interesting. Alright Mack, suit u-"

A wind rushed through the Cortex, and Barry's suit was gone.

Mack laughed out loud. All heads turned to face her with a concerned look on their them.

"Looks like he dibs-ed this one" Mack chuckled

"Aren't you gonna go out there?"

"When he needs me, of course. Until then, I'll gear up and wait" Mack proceeded to change into her suit and do exactly as she said, wait.

About a half an hour later, Barry was fighting The Fireman, as Cisco called him, and they were pretty evenly matched. Suddenly, Barry's com went dark.

"Shit" Cisco mumbled

"He could be in danger" Caitlin worried aloud

"I'll get him" and before any of them could say anything, Mack was gone.

When she arrived at the scene, Barry was pinned against a wall, surrounded by an ever-growing wall of flames.

"Barry!" She yelled

"Go Mack!" Barry yelled back, but before she could react she was swept off her feet by The Fireman.

"Well lookey, here! What do we got?" He chuckled as he looked at Mack. She sent a bolt of electricity at him and ran to Barry.

There was no way she could use her powers to get through the flames, so she simply ran through them. She grabbed Barry's wrist and zapped them back to the cortex.

"Thank god!" Caitlin gasped

"Are you all okay?" Wells asked

"Mack... You're on fire" Cisco noted. Before Mack could say anything, Caitlin drenched her in water.

"Thanks Cait" She chuckled

"You're laughing?! The Fireman is still out there! Terrorizing people!" Barry yelled

"Well sorry that I had priorities!" She retorted

"I'm going back" Barry growled but Wells grabbed his wrist

"No you aren't" Wells contradicted softly

"And what position are you in to tell me anything?" Barry huffed

"You need to rest. You won't be able to take him. Either of you. He's gone for now, and you two need rest. Cisco, would you please devise a-"