Dollhouse pt 2

Mackenzie woke up groggily. When she didn't recognize her surroundings, she jumped up, but chains held her down.

"Fuck!" She cursed

When Mackenzie turned her head, to her horror, she saw Thea.

"Thea! Thea wake up! Speedy! Come on wake up!" Mack called. Thea shifted around before slowly opening her eyes and trying to sit up. When the chains stopped her she furrowed her eyebrows, looking around. She quickly became alert as soon as she realized she was chained up, like Mack.

"What the?" Thea groaned

"Thea" Mack said softly. Thea snapped her head to look at Mack.

"Mack? What are you doing here? What's going on?" She said worriedly

"I'm not sure, but I'll get us out of whatever this is. Promise, yeah?" Mack reassured Thea. Her words triggered one of Thea's old memories.

The commotion outside of the club was what had brought Thea out there.

She had been trying to avoid her brother and his girlfriend. She was much too young to be at her first party, meaning she certainly didn't need her older brother on her ass about it. But the loud noises and scream that she could hear even from inside the crowded club had given Thea that falling feeling in her stomach; the kind that she only got when she knew someone she loved dearly was in trouble. And alas, when she stepped out into the crisp autumn night air, Oliver was on the ground, clutching his side.

"It's okay Ollie, Im gonna take care of you, and this" Thea heard her brother's girlfriend reassure a very panicky Oliver, "Just breathe with me. In for four. Out for six. Ready? In. Out. In. Out"

She made Oliver breathe as she applied pressure to his side. When she drew her hands away and replaced them with Oliver's to grab something out of her bag, Thea noticed her hands were covered in blood. Oliver's blood.

Thea stood there, frozen in horror.

"K-K-Kenzie... what's happening? Is Ol-Ollie o-okay?" She stuttered, tears welling in her eyes.

"Thea? Shit. What are you doing here?" Mackenzie asked

"What happened to him?" Thea asked, ignoring the question directed at her.

"He got shot. He stepped infront of a bullet for me, like an idiot" Mackenzie sighed as she returned to Oliver's side with a box.

"Is he going to be alright?" Thea collapsed onto her knees by her brother. Mackenzie addressed Oliver quickly, saying "Keep that pressure and breath", before turning to Thea. She opened the box she had taken out of her purse and took out tweezers and a Petri dish, some thread and a needle, and hydrogen peroxide.

"Well Thea, I learned quite a few things in Australia. Firstly, I learned how to dodge a bullet for myself, something your brother will probably remember forever" Mackenzie said in what Thea thought was the cutest Australian accent she had ever heard.

"This might hurt a little" She told him, smiling sympathetically before turning back to talk to Thea as she extracted the bullet.

"I also learned all about first aid. There are a lot of dangerous things in Australia, and one of the first things you learn as a kid is how to protect yourself from plants, animals, and people. Oliver is going to be just fine, because he's got me and you. I can see that you're a fighter Thea, you remind me of Oliver in that way" Mackenzie smiled as she tended to Oliver's wound. Thea was somehow instantly reassured.