a bit of backstory

"I still don't understand him." Ghetsis said, as all of the watched over Guzma. "I had no idea he would have the guts to punch Aaron."

"What's there to understand? He's trying hard to be one of us." Archie responded, taking a sip of water. "Besides, he's not uptight."

"Well, you get along well with him. I don't feel like he's an actual sort of leader." Lysandre said.

"Guzma was rejected in becoming a captain in the island challenges that are in his region. His grunts are people who could not defeat it and seeked some sort of help. Guzma was there for them. They did small things to disrupt peace, hell, they even took over a town. Though he's not really...a villain anymore." Coltress explained, "However, he is still a leader, no matter how much you dismiss the idea."

"And how the hell do you know that?" Cyrus asked.

"I've lived there for a bit before I went back here, remember?" He paused for a moment, "He's technically not supposed to be here though..."

"Then why is he here if he isn't supposed to?" Giovanni asked.

"He's still counted as one for his acts against the Alolan's Police and the livelihood of people." Coltress responded.

"What's not to like though? Sure, he's a bit...off, but you have to admit, he's great at cooking." Archie said, chuckling.They all looked to the distance, like all those weird tv shows.

"What's that smell?" Archie asked, walking into the kitchen. All sorts of delights from Alola and other regions were on the table. Guzma was wearing a white and black apron, whistling and reciting something pretty stupid, but amusing.

"My name is Guzma,
I am the great Skull leader,
I'm not that cool but these guys ain't either,
And I'm for sure gonna beat them in their own game,
For sure I'll blow 'em all away!
I'm sorry, I got a Skull's pride and I just can't let them down,
So I'm sorry if I beat you to the ground!"

Archie chuckled, "Is this what you do on your free time?"

Guzma jumped, the things in the pan now on the ceiling.

"Archie! Uh...hey!"

"Are you cooking?" Archie asked, Maxie coming along.

"Maybe?"

"They smell good." Maxie commented.

"Those Pokè Puffs were good after all..." Ghetsis muttered, "He really nailed the taste."

"Remember when he also beat everyone in Dance Dance Revolution?" Archie reminded them and Coltress sighed.

"He dances while walks, of course he would win." Cyrus said.

"He was a good sport about it. He even offered dance lessons."

"Hah! I got you good! Finally something I'm good at!" Guzma danced around, smiling.

"Quit being ridiculous, you dance all the damn time." Giovanni grumbled.

"Hey, I can teach you guys if you want. It's a fun thing to do to pass the time." Guzma offered.

"He's a good person. Sure, he might not be a villain, but I think he's a friend." Archie said, "Give him more credit." The entire room was still.

"Who knows, maybe he might be the key to getting out of here." Coltress muttered, smirking. Only Cyrus appeared to hear him, raising an eyebrow at their tech man but Coltress only looked away.

"Fine." Giovanni said, breaking the said silence, "We'll just have to see how it turns out."