Chapter Fourteen

A few days later, Gracie was so excited that her daddy was coming home. Charlotte looked forward to seeing him too. After Gracie came home from school, they made a few signs that said welcome home. Gracie even convinced Mrs. Harrison to let her and her mommy bake a little cake in her kitchen.

Aiden finally came strolling in around midnight and tried to sneak in the house quietly. He laughed when he saw the signs and saw a cake sitting on the dining room table under a glass cover that was obviously made by a child.

Aiden walked into his room and changed into his pajamas without turning the lights on. He walked over to the bed and was surprised to find Charlotte lying there asleep in his bed. He smiled when he saw her and crawled into bed next to her. He chuckled to himself to see she was wearing pretty new silk pajamas in his favorite color.

Aiden spooned up against her and held her and went to sleep. They woke up in each other's arms.

"Good morning my sunshine." Aiden said to her as she woke up. "Thank you for the nice surprise."

"I thought I'd wake up when you came in." Charlotte said.

"I didn't want to wake you up. You looked so peaceful. So pretty."

"Well, now that we're awake, I can finally welcome you home." Charlotte said.

"I thought you did last night?" Aiden asked. "What else were you going to do besides sleep?"

"I thought a kiss or two would be a nice way to welcome you home."

"Only two?" Aiden teased. "I may have to go back out on the road for only two kisses"

"Don't you dare!" Charlotte said and pinned him down on the bed on his back.

"I don't want to disappoint you then." He said with a huge smile on his face. "Give me my kiss or two."

Charlotte leaned over him and kissed him. Aiden pulled her close against him and kissed her back longingly. Charlotte took his hand and led it to her breast. It felt so good to touch it and he loved the feel of her hard nipple underneath the satin material. Their hands slowly explored each other over their clothing. Aiden finally started to unbutton Charlotte's pajama top and she stopped him.

"I have an idea. Since we decided not to rush into anything, let's save this for another night."

Aiden hated the idea but realistically knew she was right.

"As long as there is another night Charlotte." He told her.

"I plan on there being many other nights." Charlotte said. "As many other nights as there are stars in the sky."

"Then I can wait." Aiden said. "It won't be easy, but I can wait." Aiden hugged her and held her in his arms. Eventually they got up and showered in their own rooms and met everyone downstairs for breakfast.

was #