in which she gasps for air.

• i •

DEDICATED TO THE LOST SOULS, FORGOTTEN AS RIPPLES,
your tsumani will bring you to vision once more.

• ii •

Depression to Clair Montgomery was like riding a ship with no destination.

Every diagnosis was a chip at the engine, every insult a ram against her sails, scratching through her rafters until her identity was in tatters around her. Diagnosed with a mental illness didn't give substance to the blandness of her daily life, so it wasn't long before she finally sailed with a prideful gaze and slumped shoulders. Now, she believes the iceberg has finally come for her.

For a while, she was afraid of the dark, of no return.

But now she has learned that her illness cannot define her the way society labels her; she's a tsunami you cannot tame, a conch calling to the deaf ear, a shipwreck that does not wish to be found.

Sinking. Faltering. Deeper.

Until with corrupted lungs did she finally learn how to breathe.

• iii •

A book about self-discovery and knowing how an infection
does not create a sickness you cannot cure with just a little will, effort. and support.

• iv •

Copyright © Sarena Akhter

Disclaimer: This story has minor dark content that may feel offensive, personal and insensitive. If at any moment you feel uncomfortable, you're advised to put down the story.