Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Morgan found herself sitting in the middle of the road, surrounded by what was left of her motorcycle. Her cameras and all the other equipment were smashed to pieces too. 

She looked up, and saw a tall man standing in front of her. Behind him was a bright white Ferrari with the motor still running. Morgan remembered what had happened. The white Ferrari had smashed into her when she was making a turn on the Strip. And now she was sitting in the middle of the road with her life and motorcycle in ruins.                                                                                             ''What the Hell do you think you're doing? Did you win your drivers license in a funfair?!''. Morgan was furious and didn't let the man help her, when she was struggling to get on her feet again. He was holding his hand out to help her, but she pushed it away.                                                               "No thanks. I can do it on my own. I don't need your help." Morgan checked herself for injuries. Thank God no bones were broken. Only minor scratches on her arms. The tall man took of his shades off and looked at her.                                                                                                                         "I'm so sorry. I didn't see you until it was too late. Are you okay? I'll pay for the damage of your things." Morgan looked angrily at him. Looked into his blue eye. He had beautiful eyes.                         "If you payed more attention to the road, this wouldn't have happened! Now I have to make other plans. I can't get to LA on a smashed up bike. Can't I!? I hope you have a good insurance"                 ''I told you I was sorry and that I'll pay for the repair of your bike. My insurance will take care of it. But are you okay? Does it hurt somewhere?"

Morgan could see that he was really worried about her. She told him that she was fine. Brushed off her pants, and looked at the scratches on her arms. The man dragged what was left of the bike into the side, and handed her the smashed cameras. Her head was aching and she was close to tears. She was so close to her goal. So close to reach LA and start her new life far away from her hometown, and then some fucked up Vegasboy had to ruin her life like that. She was on the run. Fled from a violent relationship on the East coast and wanted to start all over again far away from her troubled past. Leaving the past behind for every mile she came closer to LA. And now this happened.                                                                                                                                                             ''My name is Zak Bagans." He smiled and held out his hand and waited for her to shake it. Morgan looked at him without smiling and shook his hand. ''Morgan Lawson."

A police car pulled up behind the Ferrari, and two police officers step out of the vehicle. They walked towards Morgan and Zak and what was left of the bike. Zak started to explain the officers, what had happened. Morgan stood on the pavement and looked at all the mess. Her smashed up cameras and the bike. It would take quite a while to get the bike fixed. One of the officers approached Morgan. ''Are you okay Miss? Do you need some medical attention?'' He looked at her to see any reaction. She smiled at him, and assured him that she was okay. She looked at Zak, who was on the phone, talking to his insurance company. One of the officers told her that a toe truck was contacted, and that the bike was to be delivered to a mechanic that Zak knew. 

Morgan had calmed down. It was probably the shock about it all, that made her like a mad cat. Zak looked at her while she was talking to the police. A stunning young woman. Short black hair. Beautiful face. Dark brown eyes. The kind of eyes that almost seems black. A slim and athletic body. Not a typical girl from Vegas. That was obvious. She must be a photographer of some kind. Maybe working for a newspaper. Zak wanted to know more about her.