||| - a beach day

The only time Jenn woke up in the night was to go to the bathroom. She untangled herself from Alyx and pulled herself up, then returned moments later to find that Alyx had turned away in that moment. Though when she felt the dip in their bed signifying that Jenn had laid down again, she immediately curled back into her with a quiet mumble of, "You're so warm," to which Jenn would just chuckle and wrap her arm around Alyx with the response of "I know..."

In the morning to follow the two woke up at very similar times, Alyx just minutes before Jenn. The two had apparently switched positions, because now Jenn was curled into Alyx. The brunette was scrolling through her Twitter feed, not even aware that the other had awoken. Jenn laid still for a moment, listening to Alyx's heart beat. Slow, rhythmic, calming.

Alyx's hand moved to gently run through the blonde girl's hair aimlessly, which caused a content sigh to leave Jenn's lips. In this moment, nothing else mattered but them.

"Alyx?" Jenn asked, whispering. Alyx moved her gaze down to look at Jenn's eyes, as blue and beautiful as always. "Hm?" She asked with a hum. Jenn spoke quietly, as if any raised volume would somehow break this fragile moment. "Where's Jack?" She asked quietly. Alyx lifted her gaze from the younger blonde to look around the room. Their male friend was nowhere to be found, but the shower was audibly running, so it didn't take much for her to make the connection. "He's in the shower." Alyx finally responded. Her voice was raspy, thick with sleep. Jenn would've been lying if she didn't think it was one of the most attractive things she had ever heard.

After a short nod from Jenn, the two fell silent. Jenn was the one to break the silence once more. "What're we doing today?" She asked softly, sighing quietly as she enjoyed the sensation of Alyx's hand running through her hair. Alyx spoke without looking up from her phone. "Beach?" She suggested. Jenn responded with a nod, hesitantly sitting up. She hated to leave Alyx's comforting arms. "Okay. I'm going to change 'n stuff." She mumbled. Alyx watched her before speaking. "Do you want to order breakfast first?" Suggested the older girl. The blonde turned back to face her and nodded. "Wait yes that sounds like a great idea." Jenn beamed, sitting back down on the edge of the bed. Alyx nodded in agreement. "Let's wait for Jack to get out of the shower, then we can order, eat, and leave."

// // // //

At the beach, three towels lay on the ground. Jenn sits on one, Alyx lays on another, and Jack's lays vacant between the two. After a bit of silence, Alyx peeks her head up to look at Jenn, who was silently reading. She pulled herself up and walked over to the blonde, grabbing her by the hands. "Come here." Jenn had closed the book and set it down when she saw Alyx approaching her, but was mildly alarmed when she was pulled to her feet with no explanation. "Hm?" She asked in a hum. Alyx stayed silent as she led Jenn to the water, continuing in until the salty ocean was a bit past their waist. "Okay, now what?" Jenn asked. Alyx let go of Jenn's hand at this point and instead splashed water at her. Jenn gasped, clearly not expecting the sudden rush of cold liquid to hit her so head-on. "Oh, no, you didn't!" She laughed as she splashed back.

The two went back and forth with this, splashing one another until they were both drenched. "Okay, okay, okay, okay, truce! Truce, McAllister!" Alyx practically yelled, still laughing softly as Jenn's splashing came to a stop. "Fine." Grumbled the blonde. Alyx nodded her head back to their towels and Jenn took that as a hint to start walking. The two made it back to their original spots, with Jack still nowhere to be found, and settled into their towels.

Time passed and eventually Alyx decided to pull out her camera and start vlogging. However, it seemed that Jenn had the same idea, because as Alyx pressed record, Jenn had also began talking. "We are currently on the beach.." Alyx smiled softly as she began speaking. "I just went to vlog and..." She panned the camera to Jenn, who was pointing her own camera back at Alyx. "Jenn's vlogging too." Once the brunette had moved her own camera back to face herself, she spoke again. "We've been hanging by the beach all day. We got food... we've been tanning.. we went and- we literally played in the water like children. Oh and last night we went to a club and it was so fun."

The vlogging continued for a while, maybe five minutes, until they both had put their cameras away. Just after, Jack returned. "So I went on a walk and found the neighboring resort's pool. It's, like, so much nicer than our's!" He exclaimed. Jenn chimed in as Alyx sat up. "Shall we check it out?" She asked. Jack spoke once more. "I say we pack our stuff up, drop it off at the room, then do exactly that." Now it was Alyx that chimed in. "Sounds like a plan."

A/N

Thank you so much for 1k+ reads on this fan fiction. I am so, so sorry for slacking so much and even more sorry for such short of a chapter. I am trying my hardest to produce more content and it's just been a bit overwhelming. If you're interested, I ask you to follow me to be notified whenever I post a new book and you're always welcome to vote and comment on this one, it's appreciated. (Seriously, reading comments makes my day.)

Thank you again so so so so much.