Chapter 22: Sleepovers

Start from the beginning

"Hiding" He replied, closing his door. I sighed. Damn well confusticate that man... I went to the door and opened it to find Maxine with her man.

"Hello, come in, come in!,"I greeted them, stepping aside. Greg walked in first, handing me a box of chocolates and then walking in. "Well he's a handsome bugger, isn't he?" I remark quietly to Maxine, looking Greg up and down. She laughs quietly and follows him in and I walk with her.

"I told him about you and Sherlock. Where is the boy, anyways?" She said.

"Oh. Playing hide and se- Oh there he is" I said, now noticing Sherlock striding around Greg, Greg looking worried. "Sherlock" I growl to him in a warning tone. He gives me a confused look and furrows his eyebrows before realising.

"Oh.." He turned and apologised to Greg, shaking his hand before darting over to me. He stood beside me protectively and nodded to Maxine in acknowledgment and she returned the gesture with a half hearted wave.

"Um.. Sherlock and I are going to pick up the pizzas, if Jim comes around, let him in and keep a sharp eye on him, he might carry on because you don't look after him usually. Mycroft could pop around but I don't know" I instructed Maxine and Greg and then Sherlock followed me out and onto the street.

"He seems like an okay man, just have to be wary he's not a murderer or something" Sherlock remarked, tucking his hands into his pockets.

"Have you figured out where he works, dear?" I asked.

"No. I don't know. I don't like not knowing, please tell me" He said, frowning to me.

"He works at the school you went to" I smiled and Sherlock raised his eyebrows in surprise and turned and waved to the oncoming taxi. We hopped in and, as per usual, Sherlock held my hand. We got out and I loaded the boxes onto Sherlock's outstretched arms. As we headed back out to wait for the taxi, Sherlock explained his deductions of the cashier to me as we got back into the taxi. I never tire of his intellect. It always amuses me and he never gets why.

We climbed the stairs of 221 Baker Street and opened the door to his flat and found Maxine and Greg cuddling. "You do know this is a NO SHAGGING ZONE," I told them quite blatantly. Maxine growled and Greg laughed uncertainly. I smirked and I made Sherlock get out plates. "Are you going to eat, Sherlock?" I'm worried about Sherlock's diet, he doesn't eat much. Well then again I eat a lot more than anyone else.

"Maybe a little. Can I share with you? I won't eat much" He asked.

"Of course, love" Oh well, he's having something.

"High on a hill was a lonely brother, layee-ho-de-layee-ho-de-lay-hee-hoo" A voice whined from the window. I looked and saw Jim.

"Hello Jim, when did you arrive?" I asked, giving him a quick hug.

"Just a little bit before" He replied hopping out of the windowpane and walking to the table with me.

"Sherlock, I dare you to go and sit between Maxine and Greg" I suggested, pointing to them.

"But Maxine might hit me" He said.

"Hit her back on the forehead!"

"Okay" He replied before going and literally jumping in between the lovebirds and as assumed, Maxine hit him, and Sherlock full on kill-slapped her on the forehead and I scoff-laughed, Jim was just staring in utter shock and Greg was already up and clutching the windowpane.

"OI!!!" I yelled, getting out playing cards for Jim, Greg and I. Maxine and Sherlock had seemed to stop once I'd yelled and they began whispering. Greg came and sat beside Jim and Jim was opposite me. We played 501 a couple of times and I won a couple of times then we just decided to play Go Fish and Snap.

"Anyone want a drink? Not too much for you, I should think," I said, patting Jim on the shoulder. "Wine or beer, Greg?"

"Um.." He mumbled, scratching his stubble. "Just some wine, thanks"

"Can I have some wine please, Al?" Jim asked.

"You're only getting 3 glasses, okay?" I told him in a stern voice. He mumbled a childish 'ooookaaaay'. I poured out 5 glasses of wine and a measuring cylinder Sherlock keeps for a novelty glass and poured beer into it. I gave them each their drink and Sherlock ordered more.

I was playing Texas Hold 'Em when I felt someone come up behind me and was looking at my cards. "You're going to win, everyone looks flustered, look at Greg, he's stress-sweating and Jim I don't know what he's up to and you're sexy" Sherlock mumbled a bit groggily.

"What?" I said as I turned.

"Shhhh...." Sherlock growled, putting a finger to his lips and frowning jokingly. "I'm clueing for looks" He mumbled as he trotted drowsily to his room, occasionally stumbling and leaning to one side.

After a while, I spoke up. "I figured out how you did it". Greg looked up, confused and Jim laughed.

"Took you long enough" Taking a drink of his beer. "Go on, be all clever".

"When you were on the roof, you'd already organised a lot of things. When you'd shot yourself, you used a dud-gun, one that just made a sound effect. There must've been a trigger because I think you could've had one of those fake blood packs on the back of your heads so when you fell back, it started to bleed. And you have amazing acting skills, brother dear, you can play dead at whim" I rambled.

"You never cease to amaze me, sister dear" He sighed, shaking his head and folding. I laughed and took a sip of my wine.

"AH HAH!!" Sherlock screamed, stumbling out of his room.

"Here we go.." Jim sighed.

"What is it, Sherlock?"

"I clued and I clued and I found looks!!" He exclaimed groggily.

"Oh bravo darling, go sit on a sitty thing and I'll be over in a bit" I said.

"I love you, Alex Moriarty" He sighed to me and kissed me. Jim and Greg 'aw'd and Sherlock went and scared Maxine and once again they both kill-slapped each other. The night soon came to an end and Greg headed home and Jim followed soon after, then Maxine headed back to our flat. It was about 11:00pm when John and Mary came to visit.

"Hello, you two" I smiled, turning from Sherlock's shoulder and looking to the love birds.

"John, I was clueing for looks and I found that I love Alex!" Sherlock exclaimed, smiling cheekily to John.

" 'Clueing for'-" John started. I pretended to tip up a glass of wine and winked and John nodded.

"Alex, can we talk to you for a moment?" Mary asked. I loved Mary, she was amazing oh my goodness she was like oh wow she was a mum to me. John was still John but Mary was like a mother to me I love Mary. I got up and Sherlock look worried but I patted his head and walked out to them.

"Darling, Mary and I are getting married in a few months time and I have already asked Sherlock to be my best man- Don't worry it'll be okay- And Mary...?" John said.

"I want you to be a bridesmaid" Mary smiled.

"Okay, sure!" I said to the both of them partially in shock. They both nodded and John winked.

"You'll be fine" He smiled. We parted ways and we headed back inside.

"You won't be with me..." Sherlock mumbled.

"What?"

"At the wedding, you're just a bridesmaid, I'm the best man"

"Ah yes, the feudal system," I replied, nodding. "We'll still see each other there, won't we?"

"Of course" He smiled.

Before you say anything, I.. invented.. James Moriarty's fake death theory so.. Yeah don't judge please xoxox

Sooo.. I hope you like! Okay so there may be spoilers if you haven't seen the Sign of Three but yeah oK I HAVE 4.9K I THINK I MIGHT PASS OUT IF I GET 5K BY NEXT CHAPTER I THINK I'LL FREAK OUT OKAY I LOVE YOU ALL XOXOXOXOOXXOX