15. meets

"Huh," Zoey muttered to herself as she stared at the message. "Touche, jerk. Touche!" she said, talking to no one in particular but at herself. Stuffing the wallet inside her jacket's pocket, she glared at the store window, not caring if anyone is inside and has seen her or worst yet, is face to face with her.

She kicked a piece of stone at her sight away. Bringing the paper bag on her face and pointing an accusing finger on the bag, she said, "If only not for the books. I could have stayed at home all day and read Lady Renegades! Or binge-watched My Love From the Star because I know from the bottom of my heart that Do Min Joon is waiting for me."

"Too bad Do Min Jowhatevershit is not the one enjoying your monologue now."

Raising an eyebrow, Zoey was about to turn around to look who was talking to her when she stopped dead, still facing the store's window, squinting her eyes at the person behind her reflection.

Weird stranger.

She turned around.

"Freak." the guy said. She grimaced, a thought of recognition seeping through her mind. But she didn't know this guy.

"Woah. Says the one who's talking to this 'freak.'" she said, quoting the word freak with her fingers.

The boy boringly stared at her.

"Need I remind you that staring is rude?"

He tilted his head, smirking. A cellphone on his hand, he dialed a number. She was still murdering him with her looks but as he dialed a number on his phone, her phone suddenly rang. She was a bit glad that someone at least called, even when that someone is named jackass on her contact list.

She gave him a last glaring look, turning at the other direction without facing him and answered her phone, "Hello?"

"...."

"Hello?"

"...."

"What the—"

"Is this a prank call or something?"

"Why aren't you answering, sir?"

"You're as weird as I pictured you."

"Excuse me?"

"Turn around."

"Pft. Why would I even do that?"

"Here I am thinking you were fcking smart."

"Well, I don't play games and maybe I'm bad at it so what's your point?"

"My fcking point is that can't you fcking hear me?"

"Duh. Of course I can."

"Oh. Shit. Stop playing dumb."

"I don't know what you are talking about!" She shouted over the phone. And just when she was about to hear "Jackass"'s respond, the guy from behind her snatched her phone away. Disregarding her shock, she was about to impulsively kick him but he managed to dodge off.

"What do you think are you doing?!" she asked, scowling 

He smirked, looking at the phone on his hand which is hers. "You're as short-tempered as I am, chick."

She was about to snatch the phone back but he brought it up and above her head.

Zoey looked at him disbelievingly. "Huh. Just because you're a bit taller than me doesn't mean I can't reach that—wait..." she stopped, thinking, realization hitting. "What did you say a while ago?"

"You talk like a dog or lion is chasing you."

Her eyes widened.

His grin broadened.