Chapter 2: Sam and Dean

The man in the suit, Sam he said his name was, led Christie outside of the school and towards the parking lot. She saw a man, taller than Christie yet shorter than Sam, with short brown hair, facing away from them, leaning against an old Chevy Impala. He turned around after hearing the two approaching and looked down at Christie with his dark green eyes. He opened his mouth as if to say something but immediately closed it again.

"Christie." Sam said turning to her, "This is Dean, your father." he said gesturing to the man in front of them.

"Hey kidded." Dean said managing a smile.

Christie's breath caught in her throat as she stared up at the man in front of her. "You're my dad?" she muttered quietly.

"Yeah," he sighed.

"So where've you been?" Christie asked after a few moments of silence.

"What?" Dean asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"The past seventeen years." Christie said as she let the strap of her bag fall into her hand. "Where have you been?"

"Listen kid, I didn't even know you existed!" Dean said crossing his arms and shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"Then why are you here?" Christie asked coping Dean by crossing her arms and putting her weight on her right foot.

"'Cause you're my kid! I'm wasn't gunna let you go the rest of your life thinking you don't have a dad!"

"But I don't have a dad." Christie said as she turned on her heels and began to walk away but before she could even take a step Sam grabbed her by her arm and turned her so she faced him.

"Christie, you gotta give him a chance." he said softly.

"Why do you care?" Christie said shaking Sam's hand off of her. "You're just a fed."

"I'm not a fed." Sam said loosening the striped blue tie around his neck. "I'm your uncle."

Christie stared up at Sam with a confused look on her face. "Okay." She said taking a few steps back and raising her hands in front of her. "What the hell is going on here? You told me you were with the FBI! That's the only way you could have gotten me out of school cause only a fed or a legal guardian can pick me up and you sure don't look like my foster mom!"

"Fake badge." Sam said pulling something from his inside jacket pocket. He showed the badge to Christie who looked back and forth between it and him before taking it in her own hands and looking it over.

"How does anyone buy this?" Christie said. "The badge number is one short and it literally says, right there, Fried Bacon Inspector!"

Dean chuckled from behind Sam who quickly turned to him with an annoyed look on his face.

"How did you know it's a number short?" Dean asked nodding to Christie.

"Um, because I'm not stupid?" Christie said crossing her arms. "And I've seen enough badges to know how it should look."

"You been arrested?" Dean asked raising his eyebrows.

"Sure have, Dad." Christie said annoyed. "Not like jovie is any different from this hell." She muttered gesturing to the high school behind her.

"What did you do to get sent into juvie?" Dean questioned as he lowered his arms and took a couple steps forward.

"It's no big deal." Christie said running her fingers through her hair. "I've been the oldest at a few of the homes I've been to and they would put me in charge of the younger kids and would hardly ever feed them. I wasn't gunna let them starve, alright?"

There was a long silence between the three of them which made Christie feel uncomfortable.

"You want a burger?" Dean asked Christie suddenly.

"What?" She sighed.

"Let's go grab something to eat." Dean said opening the driver's side door of the Impala.

"Are you serious?" Christie mumbled.

"We can get you one of those place mat things and you can color in a horsey! I'll even get you some ice cream if you color inside the lines!" Dean said as he climbed into the vehicle.

"Is he serious?" Christie mumbled turning to Sam as she pointed at Dean.

"Look Christie," Sam muttered softly. "Dean, he doesn't really know what to do. He wants to be your dad but because of our job... He's scared you'll get hurt."

"What are you talking about?" Christie asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"If you come with us, we'll explain." Sam said gesturing to the Impala.

"I'm just supposed to believe that he's my dad?" Christie said referring to Dean. "With no proof? And get in the car of two people I've never met before?"

"It sounds bad when you put it like that." Sam said rubbing the back of his neck.

"It sounds bad no matter how you put it!" Christie hissed.

Christie looked to the ground and thought over her options: Leave with the two men who claim to be her father and uncle, or go back to the hell her foster mother rules over. The more logical choice would be to go to her foster home but something inside of Christie truly believed that Dean was her father.

"I'm gunna regret this." Christie mumbled handing her bag to Sam, practically slamming it into his chest. She climbed into the backseat of the Impala and crossed her arms across her chest.

"I'm definitely going to regret this." she said through her teeth.

~~