Chapter 1

"Good morning, Princess." A voice said outside my cell as I lifted my head rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I look up to see Flag standing there with two cups of coffee and a smirk. I smiled at him.
"What time is it?" I asked. It seemed to early for our daily meet.
"7:30" he said, his smirk dropping a little.
"Ugh! Wake me when it's 9." I said dramatically and rolled over back into my bed, which was a concrete floor with a blanket.
"Come on" Flag said pleadingly. "We have a meeting with Waller" I sat straight up and looked at him. I hadn't told him about what she told me last time she was here.
"What does this meeting pertain to?" I asked trying not to let on that I was worried.
"I think she has another mission for the Suicide Squad." He said with a smirk on his face. My face relaxed at the sight of his small smile. He didn't hide it very well that he was in pain after June. I tried to make him laugh and smile as often as possible. There was something about those things that gave me butterflies. As I was lost in thought he had opened my cell door. He was standing above me with his hand outstretched. I grabbed it and lifted myself to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me in do a hug so I could regain my balance. We stood there for what seemed like forever. His hug became tighter and tighter with each breathe and I knew he was crying. I wasn't going to say anything but it got to the point where I couldn't breathe.
"Hey." I struggled to say. "Um. I. Can't. Breathe." I said taking small breathes between each word. He let go and started to frantically apologize, but all I could do was giggle. He looked so adorable when he was at his weakest. Not because he was crying, but because he had actually let me in and vice versa. He was the first person I had trusted since... Ever. I had never really ever trusted anyone. It was hard to when all the people you ever got close to constantly used you.
I took his arm and looped mine through it. I grabbed one of the coffees out of his hand, and we began to walk.

In the room we had lunch in everyday Deadshot and Digger were already there. Shortly after we entered K.C. came in. And after him, Katana. We all sat down. Next to me was G.I.Joe and Deadshot.
"How are you doing, sunshine?" Floyd said looking at me. I smiled. Everyone had had a different nickname for me by now. Flag called me Princess, Floyd called me Sunshine, K.C. called me JJ, and Digger called me Flower. Katana barely spoke but when she did she called me Gorgeous. Amanda used Jordyn and Rose interchangeably. It was funny because none of them used my actual nickname given to me by the media. I think they knew it would just make me angry because of its association with the Joker.
"Hey" Floyd said snapping by my face. I shook my head.
"I'm alright." I said trying to give a convincing smile. "You?" I added. All he did was nod from side to side.
"I've gotten to see my daughter." He said his face purking up a little. I smiled. It must have been nice to have something that you kept to hold onto. Just as I was starting to get caught up in my own thoughts again, Amanda walked into the room and smiled devilishly.
"I have some people I want you to meet."