Chapter 6: The Farmer's Land - Part 1

Jesse's Point Of View:

When we arrived back in the portal hallway, we looked around eagerly. What next? Well, at least I looked around eagerly. Lukas, Ivor and Petra seemed to have had enough. Petra was sitting next to Lukas, who was writing, and Ivor was slumped down the wall.

"Awww, come on guys!" I whined. "Haven't you had enough, Jesse?" Ivor asked me. Now I thought about it, maybe I had. We had battled our way through a terrible rivalry, deathly mansion, an ocean filled with Sharks, a master criminal's gang, a world of ghosts, the rough past, and I had even managed to single-handedly survive an attack from a beast with tentacles.

Maybe it was time to go home. "Nope!" I replied happily, enjoying the sigh that came from my team. I laughed. "Okay, okay. I was only joking. We should start looking for home." Lukas frowned. "That's what Petra and I have been doing this whole time!" He cried. I cocked my head, thinking. He was right. They had been.

I opened my mouth to speak when a sudden "Baaa!" rang out. Everyone raised their eyebrows. "What was that?" Petra asked. "I didn't know you were part sheep, Jesse!" Ivor joked. "Ha, ha. Not funny." I replied as another bleat echoed around the seemingly endless hallway. We all looked around. What was making that noise? It must have been a sheep, but where? 

"Ba?" A small, white, fluffy head appeared from behind a column. I hissed for my team to be quiet as I sneaked over. As I drew close the sheep squealed and ducked behind the pillar again. "Hey, come on out," I said gently when it appeared again. "We won't hurt you." It bleated again and hid. Ivor chuckled. "Some Shepard you are, Jesse!" He said, smiling. The sheep poked it's head out again. When I turned back, it disappeared. Lukas walked over to me and crouched down.

"Come on, little guy." He coaxed. "Come on out." The sheep hid once again. "Move over, you two." Ivor said importantly. "Let a REAL Shepard handle things." He shoved us out of the way and sat in our spots. The sheep looked around again.

"COME HERE!" He shouted. Petra, Lukas and I covered out ears and the sheep cried out in alarm and dove behind it's pillar, showing it's fluffy behind. "That was a real help, Ivor." Lukas said, pushing Ivor away. "Why are we even trying to coax this walking ball of fluff out anyway? Aren't we trying to get home?" Petra snapped impatiently.

The sheep peered out from behind the column, but when it saw Petra it relaxed. Then it sprang out and raced over to her, jumping around her feet like a dog. Petra bent down in confusion and the sheep leapt into her arms. We found this very funny. Here was the mighty Petra, member of the Order Of The Stone, and this little lamb wouldn't part from her!

Lukas's Point Of View:

We laughed as Petra tried to get rid of the lamb. She dropped it back on the ground, but it jumped up on her legs and even bit into her armor, trying to drag her down. "Stop it!" She told it. "Go away! Go on! Go home!" But the lamb wouldn't budge.

Finally, she picked it up, tucking it under one arm. She looked pretty grumpy, and we got the hint that laughing was not the best thing to do right now. "Let's go," She said in fury, storming down the hallway. We trotted to keep up. "Um, where exactly are we going?" Jesse asked timidly. "We're going to find this sheep's home. It's the only way he'll - hey knock it off!" The lamb was chewing her glove angrily. She dropped it on the floor again. 

Scowling, she walked down towards a grassy-looking portal, with the lamb scampering merrily beside her. "That one looks like it belongs to a herd of sheep," Ivor said, staring at the portal. "That's why I'm going there." Petra replied, irritated. She stopped and stood at the edge of the portal. "There. This must be your portal. Now go home." She growled to the lamb.