~ Chapter 8: Meeting Mabel Southeast

Dipper's P.O.V.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

Gone was the braces, her frizzy brunnette hair. It was replaced by pearly white teeth, and her hair was straightened, pulled back by a cyan headband. A glowing gem was sitting on top of the headband. It looks familiar, yet I don't remember where I last saw it.

She looked different.

She wore a cyan jacket over her blue blouse and a ribbon with a familiar star on it. She also wore a mid-thigh pencil skirt over her black leotards.

 She also wore a mid-thigh pencil skirt over her black leotards

Her heels clanked with every step she took towards me.

And then...

She opened her mouth to speak.

"Tyrone! I have been looking for you all over the mansion. Where have you been?"

No words escaped my mouth. Her voice was familiar, yet foreign altogether. Her bubbly face was morphed into something too mature for our age, like something happened to her that forced her to forget the happiness of childhood. Her eyes... they no longer hold the mischievous glint everytime we see each other. Like mine, it wasn't brown.

It was also cyan.

And I don't like it.

Not one bit.

Yet, I cleared my throat, and managed to speak through the lump lodged in it. "I- I was just walking around, that's all."

Her eyebrows scrunched together. A first. The first time she ever did, out of indifference. Not out of curiosity, not concern. Just... an impassive frown.

"Well, that's odd." She waved her left hand in a dismissive manner, and grabbed my hand with the other. "Come with me, our show is about to start."

Our... show?

Just as I was about to take one step, everything turned into black and white. The glowing of the gem on top of her head stopped immediately. And I just stood there, still holding her hand.

I have experienced this scene one too many times.

Bill.

As I thought of that one word, one name, it was as if he heard me. As if he heard my call. His triangular shape formed from a glow, then, he appeared right in front of me.

"Well, well, well. Are you enjoying it here so far, pine tree?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line.

"No. Not one bit."