chapt. 29 - the battle (long chapt)

Start from the beginning

"I know, she is also to powerful to be in the hands of yours," kaname reasoned back.
"Not for me, I think you are mistaken kaname-sama, you are the one that is weak," Rido mocked.
Eva was on the verge of tears but was doing very well at hiding it.

"S-sakura, h-help," she choked out as rido squeezed her neck thighter. "S-senri, p-please, y-your killing me," she cried as she pulled on his arm to try loosening his strong grip on her petty, fragile neck.
She was kicking and struggling trying to fight for her life.
"Let her go Rido!" Sakura screamed in anger.

"Let my sister go you b*stard!" Her brother growled along with William and grell.
"How about... No," he laughed as they got ready to strike at him.
I couldn't take it, I couldn't risk Eva and senri's body to be damaged or injured.
"Please lower your weapons, I will not allow you to hurt senri's body or injure Eva in the process, and lord Rido please release Eva, she is turning blue, she is about to pass out," I said as I stood in front of him.

He rolled his eye and clipped a collar around her neck making it tight but not tight enough to choke her.
"Consider yourself lucky rido," kaname snarled at him as rido smirked.
"Yes, why of course kaname-sama," rido spat.
Eva feel to her knees in a coughing fit.
"*cough cough* t-thank you t-takuma *cough cough*," she whispered as she held her neck trying to get as much air in her lungs as possible.

Senri pulled on the chain that connected the collar to him, dragging Eva along with her stumbling behind.
She looked at us with sad and scared eyes, but covered it up with a soft reassuring smile.
I bowed before kaname then took of after Rido and Eva.

"Rido-sama please be gentle, at this rate you might kill Eva sir," I said.
He grunted in response.
"I know, I am trying my best to be gentle idiot, after all I need juri, and Eva plays a big part in this," Rido smirked as Eva trembled.
She had no shoes on. They fell somewhere while she was trying to free and save herself from death.

She was breathing hard and coughing from time to time.
Rico complete ignored this and continued walking forward ignoring her pleads.
"Oh my little Eva, your feet must hurt a lot yes? Takuma place some shoes on her feet at once," Rido finally ordered.
I bowed at a 90° degree angel and quickly place some heels on her fragile feet.

After that Rido tugged the chain hard making Eva stubble a bit before she found her balance again and walked after him.
"The battle has begun," rido laughed quietly but still audible.
I have a mental sigh and a pittyful look the Eva as she had a terrified look plastered on.

Whatever risk was planning I hope it didn't envolve sacrificing Eva...

(Weeks later)
Rido has now have Eva and sakura imprisoned. Both with chain around there necks.
Sakura wears a pissed looked every time I glance at her.
Eva looks down in shame, almost as if she were to cry.

Eva POV
It is all my fault, my fault. I was the cause of this, we could of avoided this. But, it was I who made this happen.
Sakura keeps telling me I did nothing wrong...
But I know it is just pitty.

Sakura pov
Stupid Rido! He is the cause of this! Eva is always feeling shameful and blaming all this on herself.
Of course I told her it isn't but she still is so stubborn and want to just die.

I promised her that we could make it through this together but with every passing day, I begin too lose a bit of hope, but every time I see Eva, especially in the state she is in, it tells me that I need to have hope and save us all.
To keep her safe and happy.
Eva has always protected me no matter the situation. She was there to help and lift me up when things weren't going right.

But in the stat she is in right now, she can't do anything.
I mean she forces a smile when ever she catches me staring. Yes of course I know. I wasn't born yesterday!
Every night I see her stare out the window with teary eyes.
We both are usually chained to a pole preventing us from escaping and messing up Rido's plans.