1 Sympathy for the Devil: Part 1

May 14th - May 17th, 2009

"Come on!" Dean grabbed Sam's arm, pulling him toward the door.

The three of us ran for the door, but it slammed shut. We shook the handles, but they weren't budging. The light in the room grew brighter, and then a high-pitched sound started echoing through the room. We covered our ears and dropped to our knees in pain.

Then suddenly, we were sitting next to each other on an airplane. We looked around us frantically.

"What the hell?" Dean asked, looking out of his window.

Sam shook his head. "I don't know."

The pilot's voice came over the intercom, "Folks, quick word from the flight deck. We're just passing over Ilchester, then Ellicott City, on our initial descent into Baltimore..."

"Ilchester? Weren't we just there?" Dean asked.

"So if you'd like to stretch your legs, now would be a good time to..." the pilot said, and then there was a large white column of light that shot up into the sky right next to us. "Holy crap!" Then the intercom cut out, and the plane started going down.

People were being knocked all over the plane, you could hear nothing but screams, and then our oxygen masks dropped down. We grabbed them and quickly put them on.

The light outside grew larger and enveloped the plane, and the high pitch sound started up again. Then suddenly, the light disappeared, the sound stopped, and the plane evened out.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The pilot ended up landing early due to the emergency situation. So, Dean rented us a car, and we hit the road to Chuck's house.

We were silent, but the radio was playing, "Governor O'Malley urged calm, saying it's very unlikely an abandoned convent would be a target for terrorists, either foreign or homegrown—"

"Change the station," Dean said.

Sam clicked the button. "Hurricane Kinley, unexpectedly slamming into the Galveston area—" He hit it again. "Announced a successful test of the North Korean nuclear—" He hit it again. "A series of tremors—" He hit it again. "Swine flu—" He clicked it off. After a moment, he sighed and looked at Dean. "Look—"

Dean shook his head. "Don't say anything." He paused for a second. "It's okay. We just got to keep our heads down and hash this out, all right?"

Sam was quiet for a minute. "Yeah, okay."

"All right, well, first things first... how did we end up on Soul Plane?" Dean asked.

Sam shrugged. "Angels, maybe? I mean, ya know, beaming us out of harm's way?"

Dean nodded. "Well, whatever. It's the least of our worries. We need to find Cass."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At Chuck's house, we jumped out of the car and ran in because it had been completely destroyed. We walked through, trying to find Chuck, but wanted to stay quiet in case whatever did this to his house was still there.

Then Sam stumbled back and grabbed his head. "Jeez! Ow!"

Chuck popped out around the corner of the wall, holding a toilet plunger in his hands, ready to swing again until he realized who was standing there. "Sam."

Sam nodded. "Yeah!"

"Hey, Chuck," Dean said.

"So... you're okay?" Chuck asked as he lowered the plunger.