Chapter 29

Dear Peter,

How are you?  I hope you're doing just fine, hale and hearty. It's been a long time since I last saw you and I wish you still have  the intention to convert. No, I'm not forcing, okay? It's up to you, really. 

I was really shocked when I heard through the news that you had an accident, and that was the day when I met you at Adib's house. When I saw you that day, you were.. different. It seemed there was a second version of you. Haha, funny yet true. Remember you confessed to me that day? You know what, I still remembered the tears that flowed down on your cheeks, proving much that you really wanted to learn deeply. . .

Erm, I am actually sitting right next to you right now. . in the ward. You look so pale, Peter. I really hope to see your smile again, but, . . I don't know. I guess we will not meet anymore. 

Thank you for stumbling into my life and brought the ups and downs, haha, no, I'm joking. Thank you for accepting me, and thank you for bringing the sparks. You had no clues how I'm thankful to you. I missed you, Peter. 

May Allah shower upon you His blessings and mercy. 

Yours, 
Aisha.

There were spots of dried tears on the piece of letter, as I realised my tears were welled up with tears. 

Where are you, Aisha?

I looked around aimlessly, wheeling my chair without no purposes, as I breathed heavily, closing my eyes and letting all the tears to flow down my cheeks. I stopped at my pace and put my head into my arms, bearing the burden. 

'Allah,' I moaned helplessly. 

I missed her. So bad. 

I remembered Mom used to tell me a secret, "When you are sad, there's one cure to heal it. You know what? Cry. Cry as much as you want."

***

I woke up and saw Alice looking at me with her weary eyes as her lips twitched forming a small smile. "Finally," She hugged me and I responded to the embrace. She snuggled deep into my chest and I heard sobs from her. "Hey, I'm fine, okay?" She looked at me and smiled, "I'm so worried, you laid breathlessly on the ground.. and what the hell are you doing alone in the park? God," She ranted. I chuckled as Dr. Kenley stepped into the ward and he made a sound from his throat to announce his arrival. "How are you, Peter?" He asked me with a smile. 

"Good," I flatly replied. "You can't be alone outside again, it could bring harm," He scolded me. I chuckled and said, "Nah, boredom." 

"You should've asked me!" Alice slapped my hand, and I made a look. "Ouch, it hurts," I grinned. She giggled, her hair tossing around. 

A thought came across my mind. 

"Hey, Alice, could you help me something?" 

She looked at me and arched her eyebrows. 

"Find some information about this girl," 

***

1 WEEK LATER

 I walked to my McLaren and got into the car as I turned the engine on. I waited for it to cool down, as I turned the radio on and listened to some of holy verses. It was very smooth and mesmerizing. I was going to meet the dawah group, to discuss about certain topics. 

When I asked Khadija yesterday about Aisha, she said nothing but a shrug. I won't give up on finding her. I won't. 

I had planned to resign from being a CEO and turned over a new leaf as a Muslim. I planned to join the dawah group and make a dawah company of my own. InshaAllah I could support both, hopefully. 

I drove to the mosque and arrived there right on time. I parked my car on the parking lot before I walked in the mosque and saw several members of the group was already there. 

"Assalammualaykum," I greeted them with a smile. Wadi and Azeem turned around and they returned the smiles. 

"Waalaykumussalam, Haarith Feterson." 

"I love that name." I smiled looking at Adib who replied my salaam. 

"It suits you well," He grinned and I made my way to the circle. 

And with that, we began our usrah together. 

***

I got out from my car and stood in front of the house. 

It was empty, no cars and a sign 'FOR SALE' hung on the fence. I sighed, wondering much where was she. "Where are you," I whispered to myself. 

I walked back and forth and finally squatted alone, against my car. 

I've tried to forget about her but I couldn't. It hurt a lot when thoughts of her came lingering on my mind. It was so hard to not think about her. 

She was all my inspiration, and I owed her so much. She was the one. 

I regret denying the fact that I loved her. 

I  wiped the tears that fell down on my cheeks before I stood up and heaved a heavy sigh. 

I'm sorry, Aisha. But I think I gave up.