Chapter 10

Yasmeen?

My jaw dropped, eyes widening. She wasn't Yasmeen. She was masking her. That wasn't her. Never her. Yasmeen couldn't have go anywhere without niqab covering her face.

Peter saw me instantly, as he caught me staring the two of them. Yasmeen turned her face to me, her jaw fell. I walked toward them with eyes curving. Faking a smile, I said, "Hey, Peter..." I continued sarcastically, "And my beloved sadeeqaty." Without any hesitant, I grabbed her wrist and dragged her into a quiet place, the restroom.

"Have you gone mad? Where on Earth is your sanity?" I yelled, my voice rose up. 

"What the hell, Aisha?!" She screamed in pain. I must've gripped her wrist so hard that it hurt.

"Since when are you cuss around?" I was so shocked of her sudden appearance as if this wasn't her. Something was wrong.

"Where, is your niqab?" I asked her breathlessly. "Why are you care? Jealous much with my beauty?" I clenched my fist. Her respond, wallah. This completely wasn't her, but a new Yasmeen. "Why, Aisha', why? You already know that I like Peter, but you just ignore it means you also have feelings for him! This is why I want to be a new. I want him, to have the exact feelings I have for him! And, don't ever you assume me as your best friend. My best friend isn't a niqabi. Don't be so lame, Aisha'. I know my limits. I haven't gone that far yet. Allah will be the first and last but it is torturing me that I can't crush on men, or be a thing. It's torturing me, Aisha'. And from now on, I want to be like the other girls."

She glanced over me before leaving me speechless. My eyes were filled up with tears. Don't be so lame, Aisha'. That voice of her were wandering around in my mind. What? This love I have for Allah, you call it lame? You are the lamest girl I've ever known. You turn to a Jewish man and leave Allah behind. Allah loves you the most, and that Peter? He doesn't even know you. He uses you. Yasmeen, come back.

Tears were strolling down as I squatted in the restroom. I rested my head in my arms, crying and thinking over and over again. I decided to go home as soon as I washed my broken face with the refreshing water. I then walked out from the restroom with eyes looking at the floor. 

I saw Jade, she looked worried. Her eyes were searching for someone. I walked toward her and greeted. "Aisha'! Where were you? Me and Anthony were searching for you like mad." I giggled. "And, your face..? What's wrong, dear?" She softly pat my shoulder. I just shook my head and said, "Nothing, by the way, what's going on here?"

"Truth or dare." Her lips curved into a wicked smile. She pointed at a spot where people gathering in a circle. There were 2 men, Anthony and Jake. The rest were girls and only a few of them were unfamiliar. Majority of them, I could identify as they were also in the same office like mine. Ah, here was nothing. I could release my tension after all. "Okay, let's play it." I nodded. "You okay with them..?" She gestured to the two men. I nodded and smiled sweetly. 

We headed to them. "Aisha' and Jade! Come on!" Jake cheered. Others were smiling broadly and greeted us with exchanging heys. I sat next to Jade and beside me was a girl named Eleanor. She was such a sweet girl. Her face was kinda familiar.. ah! The sleepy girl. Who knew, she was a beautiful and sweet girl.

"Okay, basically this game is truth or dare. Everyone knows this game damn well, I don't need to explain right, or are there any people who do not know of its existence?" Anthony arched any eyebrow as others giggled. Jake raised his hand, "Me, mate. Explain to me, what the bloody hell is this game?" Jade giggled. I just smiled.

"Wow, I see. You're from Pluto, right?" Anthony said sarcastically. "Plutonians are so fu***** lame, they don't play even a single freaking games." 

We laughed at his respond. Even he himself laughed. I didn't feel comfortable at all when men sat near me. I felt guilt. "Guys, I'm sorry. I need to go home earlier. Later, okay?" I spoke confidently. Jake pouted his lips, as Anthony responded, "It's okay, we understand. Meet you tomorrow." Jade looked at me with sad face. I just giggled and hugged her. "Bye!" I smiled with their exchanging byes.

I stormed out from the building and went straight ahead to my car. A figure was standing against my car. I tried to identify him.. Peter? "What are you doing here?" My voice sounded annoyed. "I have something to tell you. It's been a long time since I wanted to tell you but yeah, there are no chances. Can we go somewhere else quiet...?" He sounded sincere and smooth. I was curious of that something but he was a non-muhreem. I couldn't let myself with him alone.  Beside, it was already late in midnight.

"Please. I promise, I won't dare to touch you. Believe me."

I heaved a sigh. "Alright, but if you dare, Allah will just going to punish you." I said sternly. "Yes, I know."

"Wait. Where's Yasmeen?" I asked. "She left earlier. After she went back from restroom." He explained. I nodded. I missed her. He then motioned to the building. "So, we're going where?" I asked him. "In my room." I nodded and followed with behind.

**

As soon as we arrived in his room. He sat in the couch waiting for me to sit. I took a seat next to him and impatiently, waiting for his turn to speak. "So, what's it?"

"Listen, Aisha. You are the loyal Muslimah, also an honest. I know, Islam isn't the way others think. Muslims aren't terrorists and instead of, they are just like the same people, who worship their own gods in different religions. I once had a Muslim friend. He was a boy next door. Every single day, I listened to his, er, the Holy book recitations and I instantly fell in love with the words of the Holy book. I was fond of Muslims, they took care of their body, they also had shame. Unlike Jewish..."

He stopped for a moment. "I always dreamed to be a Muslim. Allah.. right? gave us the air.."
I cut him off. "How do you know?" I frowned. "I study the Holy book, Quran.. right? I was wondering, who created air? who created humans so perfectly.. I study the Quran and there is a verse where it stated, "(God) holds back the sky from falling on the earth unless by His leave . . ." I cried every nights, and it had been years since I thought of wanting to know more about Islam clearly and deeply. When I first saw you, the first impression about you was, This girl could help me, and I want her to help me. I want to feel freedom. I want to feel calmness inside me and I know, only Allah can do it."

Tears were flowing down my cheeks. SubhanaAllah. Who even knew, inside of this man, there were sincerity. "S-so?" I stuttered.

We were alone in a room, Shaytaan would be the third person in this situation and I couldn't let this happening for sure.

Silence. He was looking at the floor, something must have been bothering him.

I glanced over the huge window behind his table. I could see the midnight view of this hustle and bustle city, somehow it turned out being a perfect view to look at.

"Please help me." He replied after a moment of silence.

"You really want to convert yourself..?" I said quietly. "Yes, without no doubts." He said. I looked at him, tears were on his cheeks. "Yes! I will. For sure." I excitedly said. Helping a nonmuslim converting, it was an appreciation to me. He looked at me for a second before smiling broadly. "Yes! Finally." He cheered. "I really want to know about Islam." He truthfully said. "Alright, tomorrow, I will set up a meeting with you and Muslim brothers."

"But, aren't you the one who suppose to help me..?" He arched an eyebrow. "In Islam, it is wrong for a non muhreem man to contact, talk, meet a non muhreem girl. Non muhreem means a man who isn't married to the girl yet. It is called ikhtilat. Intermingling islamically. If you want to know more, Google it." I explained.

"Alright." He said. I then stood up. "That's all, right?" I asked. He nodded. "I will tell you where and when so see you later." I left the room before looking back.

Ummi, good news coming up. 

***

P/S: Check out my another Wattpad story, Quran Sayings because I just posted new entry which was, 40 Hadiths about The Noble Quran. You won't be regret checking it out because, you will know how valuable is Quran.