He Told Me Not To Be Afraid, But I'm Still Shaking-6

I walked through the old cedar doors of the dorm house I lived in. I was being as quiet as possible; I wanted to sneak up stairs before anyone saw me. I was wearing only the clothes I had stolen from Morgen when I was running out of his room. I was just lucky everyone was asleep when I was walking across the campus, I didn't want anyone to think that I was some kind of whore. I didn't even mean to go home with him; I was confused I felt like he was someone I could trust. My heart started beating faster as I thought of our kiss in the bedroom, it was sweet and his lips were so warm and soft like they were meant to be on mine forever. Running a hand through my hair, I thought of how he was sweet one moment and then he turn into an arrogant Captain the next. Actually that's what I'm going to call him, Captain. He thought he could control and lead everything and anyone, but I myself could drive my own ship.

Walking silently up the steps, I looked around making sure not even the house mother, Madam Brinkley, was awake or walking around at this hour. It was a little before 9:30, classes didn't start until noon on Wednesdays. I still didn't know what on earth Morgen was doing when he said "I love you." He acted like he owned me, like he was going to keep me locked up or at least in his arms forever. I hate being played and he wasn't going to play me. Despite popular belief, I wasn't some quiet mousy girl with ambition on being a secretary. I had a strong will and I wasn't about to be a total bitch to everyone or suck on any dick to get what I wanted. In fact, I didn't need to do any of that to get somewhere. I didn't mind not having a new boyfriend every day of the week, or even not having a million "best friends" that would do my bidding; I was fine just being me.

Turning the corner I stopped dead in my tracks as I saw Brittney Tyler staring straight at me. Her eyes went wide when she saw what I was wearing. I closed my eyes; maybe she would just go away like I wasn't there. Who was I kidding? I obviously looked like I had just come back from a one night stand. The worst part was she was the head of the school cheer squad, The Cadets, or as I like to call them the after party for the entire football team. Squeezing my eyes even tighter, I hoped she wouldn't recognize that the boxers and shirt I was wearing were Morgen's, who just happened to be her ex-boyfriend.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Look what the cat dragged in. Little Miss Virgin, my ass."

I went to walk away, trying to brush past her to get to my room, she grabbed the sleeve of Morgen's shirt.

"What guy would want to sleep with you? How much did you pay for that?"

I turned sharply and pulled my arm out of her grasp. I heard the shirt tear a bit, and had to stop myself from grimacing. "Fuck off." I muttered under my breathe before trying to walk casually back to my room even though I never been so scared in my life.

Closing the door behind me I heard her cackle. I slid down the door until I was resting on the floor and tried to control my breathing. I had no clue what was happening. Last night, I was just a nobody that didn't really get noticed. Now, I was going to be the most hated girl on campus. I'm going to have to sleep with one eye open now. I still remember last year when some freshman girl got on Brittney's bad side, she had to get transferred to another school because she couldn't handle the payback. Brittney was known for not just getting even, but getting a one up on anyone who didn't worship her every word.

I decided to take a shower and get ready for classes. If I was going to have to take a beat down, I wasn't going to do it without fighting back.