Battle of life and death -part 4: The rise of the phoenix

Damon felt the air flowing through his dark brown locks as his wings carried him towards the market place where Robb would soon find his doom if he didn't get out of there soon. He knew though that Ethan wouldn't make it that easy for him, so he wasn't surprised when he felt his arm grasping his leg and tugging him down so forcefully that Damon crashed onto the ground beneath him, creating a large grater till he collided with the wall.

"Why can't you just give up?" Ethan sighed as his feet softly touched the ground, gracefully landing next to Damon. "I mean, this isn't pleasant for me either. I have to watch you fail time after time. It's getting kind of hilarious but sad at the same time. It just makes me feel like a bad guy, you know?"

Damon only growled, lifting his hand towards Ethan in one swift movement, making him fly backwards. Damon didn't waste any time getting up and spreading his wings, knowing he didn't have long till the market place would blow up with Robb on it. So he immediately flipped his wings and flew again, feeling his limps aching due to the fall.

"Damon!!!" He heard Ethan yelling from behind him. Only Damon ignored him completely. "You can't escape me!!"

Damon felt a sudden surge of heat flying by right next to his head which soon turned out to be one of Ethan's fireballs. Cursing, Damon began to zigzag and fly closely to the buildings, skilfully manoeuvring his way through the streets.

He heard numerous buildings collapsing just after he flew past them. Ethan was still trying to hit him, flying right after him.

Damon saw a tower coming up on his right. So he used his telekinesis to break the walls of the bottom, making it collapse onto the street but just on time so he could fly right underneath the rubble. Damon heard Ethan cursing loudly and chuckled, knowing it had bought him some time.

Soon after he landed right in front of Robb who looked at him with wide open eyes. He had nearly dropped his sword in shock due to the suddenness of Damon's appearance. Robb's grey armour and clothes were almost completely covered in blood, his eyes coming out even more due to the redness of his face.

"Damon?" Robb walked towards him after Damon's landing basically knocked down all the Lannister's soldiers around them. "What in the seven hells are you doing here? Is Elena all right?"

"She's fine, at least that's what I hope, I don't know honestly, but-" A blast hit him right in the back, sending him towards Robb and towards the ground. "Seven hells." Damon cursed and rolled off of Robb, waving his hand and sending a fireball towards Ethan.

"Why are you even protecting those humans?" Ethan dodged the fireball with ease whilst walking towards Damon with long strides, his dark wings dragging behind him on the floor. "You know we both will survive the fire. The only thing it will do is cleanse this place off filth like him." Ethan pointed at Robb with disgust in his eyes. He was clearly infuriated by Damon's little stunt with the tower.

"Fire?" Robb tried to get up from the ground but Ethan held him down with invisible force. "What's he talking about, Damon?!" Robb struggled against the hold, kicking and pushing but he couldn't get up.

"The only thing that needs to be cleansed from this world is you." Damon created a sword of ice which he held tightly in his hand, walking towards Ethan slowly. "Robb, you need to get out-"

"No, no, no, don't you spoil the fun." Ethan waved his hand and send Damon flying back once again. Ethan chuckled and followed Damon with his eyes. "When it's done, there'll be nothing holding you back dear brother. It will be only you and me. We will finally be able to end all this, together."

"And how exactly do you plan this will end?" Damon slowly got up from the ground again. It wasn't like he was hurt, it was like Ethan was only feeding into his rage more and more. He could feel the fire crackling beneath his skin, the heat rising up to his head.