━━━━━ 𝐄 𝐍 𝐀 𝐌 𝐎 𝐔 𝐑 𝐄 𝐃 ━━━━━

His heart was racing.

"Dude. Look at me," Declan ordered. Bennett looked up at his lightskin best friend.

"Wha-" he was cut off by Declan's hand slapping him in the face.

Bennett stepped back from the sheer force of Declan's strength, his cheek burning and no doubt bright red.

"What in hell was that for?!" He exclaimed, his left cheek stinging.

"That was for you to snap the fuck out of your mini freak out session. As your friend and someone who straight up respects you, I needed to slap you. You looked like you'd pass out at any second from anxiety."

Jordan popped out of nowhere.

"And when you're stressed out, your cheek just needs a good old make out session with someone else's hand, you know?"

"Jordan, where the bloody hell did you come from?!" Bennett's question was only answered by a nonchalant shrug of indifference.

"I'm a magical unicorn, okay? I just appear when my divine words of wisdom are needed. Magical beings work in mysterious way, Bent."

And with that, he just left again, to where? Bennett had no clue. He stopped questioning it years ago.

Bennett took a deep breath and texted Naomi:

Hey, Naomi, I need you to meet me at the park by your house.

Np, Bent 😊

He shoved his phone into his back pocket before grabbing his car keys and heading out the door.

"Good luck, boss," called Jordan from the kitchen

"Don't fuck up, dude. This is the love of your life, you only have one chance to make it good." Declan said.

Bennett set out with the determination to do this right.

You can't mess this up. You can only ask this once, Bennett...

He checked his person to make sure he had everything.

Calm? Yes. Box? Yes. Car keys? Yes. Okay, we're good.

He took one last calming deep breath and got into his car, letting it run for a minute before driving off to the park. There she was, sitting on the swings, waiting.

Waiting for him.

Oh shit... I need to calm down. You got this Bennett. Keep your cool.

There were a few families at the park, playing with their kids and spending time in each others company, but Bennett couldn't be bothered to pay attention when the only girl he's ever wanted this bad only a few feet in front of him.

How can she be so casual but so beautiful at the same time?

He got closer and just when he was a few steps away they locked eyes.

"Hey, Bennett. Any reason why you asked me to come out here on a lovely Sunday afternoon?"

He chuckled. "Even if I didn't, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't mind. But I have a very serious and important reason why we're here."

She stepped closer and he found his face heating up without his consent. He grabbed her hand, which made her raise her eyebrow at him in question.

"Naomi Jennifer Lorraine...." He closed his eyes for a moment, and his blush grew.

"W-Will you... Do me the greatest h-honor of... Of being-" he took a deep, deep breath to calm his racing heart down a bit.

"Of...?" She prompted.

"Of being my w-wife?"

He got on one knee and kissed her hand.

"Because I love you and I want to wake up to you every morning. To see you walk into the kitchen while I'm making breakfast and watch in amazement like you always do. To see you fidget and blush when I compliment you. And so many more reasons more that I can't be bothered to name."

The tears made her eyes sparkle, and she tackled him in a hug.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE BREAKING UP WITH ME, AND THEN YOU GO AND MELT MY HEART WITH THIS WHOLE THING!" she screamed.

He laughed before helping them both sit up. "Can I put the ring on your finger now, or are you still fangirling?" Bennett teased.

"SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW MEEEE!" Naomi squealed in excitement.

He laughed as he brought out the ring:

She gasped in awe.

"It's beautiful!!" Naomi exclaimed.

Bennett beamed with pride and love as he looked at the girl he loved.

"You never answered my question though...." she burst into laughter.

"Yes, dummy. What other option would there be? Obviously I'm going to say yes."

Bennett could just feel his heart glowing with happiness.

Can this be anymore more perfect?

And then he woke up.

(Haha, just kidding)

A̶n̶d̶ t̶h̶e̶n̶ h̶e̶ w̶o̶k̶e̶ u̶p̶.

He stood and helped her up, and he slipped the ring on her left ring finger, before they walked to his car; hand in hand, both of their hearts filled to the brim with ecstasy.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

-𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧